cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is use of flat file in SRM-MDM catalog search UI possible ?

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When user looks for materials inside SRM-MDM catalog (using search user interface), search is done manually with free form or drill down search.

Then, among the search result, user has to select items he wants to add to his shopping cart and finally transfer those items from his shopping cart overview inside SRM.

Is it possible to automate this user selection using for exemple a flat file uploading (or any other way you could know) ?

This flat file will have material number (or service), supplier code and quantity (no more information).

The aim of the request is to help requester to not have to select each item one by one (in the search result) knowing that :

- SC will have more than a hundred items,

- delivery time and price (for example) must be checked in MDM, being the master data reference

- materials (or service) to order are received by requester via a flat file without any information about prices, so i cannot upload my flat file directly into SRM because file missing data must come from MDM.

With this process, user should have only to transfer items automatically selected.

Could you please share your advises ?

We use SAP MDM 5.5.

Regards.

Laurent.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edited by: Laurent Burtaire on Jan 7, 2011 9:49 AM

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about using SC template? Admin creates SC templates and users copy the SC template.

Regards,

Masa

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

Thank you for your suggestion, but it does not cover my request: materials and quantities must be dynamically determined.

Regards.

Laurent.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How is the flat file created from which system?

I guess some legacy system like MRP generates flat file which is like Purchase Requisition and PO should be created.

In that case I would create a SC by API and use automatic source of supply assignment with contract.

Regards,

Masa

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

Flat file is supplied by vendor itself (it does not come from any legacy system) and has only values for:

- material number,

- quantity,

- description,

- vendor.

I need to convert those data into Shopping Cart. As it does not seem possible to use this flat file inside MDM to automatically select corresponding material data (delivery lead time, contracts, etc.), i created a BSP application which should allow to load this flat file (in a .CSV format) through Open Catalog Interface.

Regards.

Laurent.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you explain the business scenario? I'm not clear why vendor sends flat file to buyer.

For example,

A vendor look at buyer stock information like VMI and fill stock weekly base. So the vendor sends material number and quantity information as flat file to buyer. Buyer should create SC from flat file and price information should fetch from catalog.

Regards,

Masa

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

(...)

A vendor look at buyer stock information like VMI and fill stock weekly base. So the vendor sends material number and quantity information as flat file to buyer. Buyer should create SC from flat file and price information should fetch from catalog.

(...)

Yes, your are correct: example you gave corresponds to process for my SC uploading.

Regards.

Laurent.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would develop a custom program which creates PO with contract assignment. SC and Catalog are not required for VMI scenario. And no manual action by purchaser is required. I think inventory is managed in ERP side, so you can use BAPI_PO_CREATE* API. Supply Network Collaboration (SNC) solution is also available from SAP.

Regards,

Masa

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

Thank you for your suggestion, but solution i chose use BSP application to import SC data through a flat file.

Regards.

Laurent.