cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide the tabs in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a semi-finished product (Mat type - HALB), we have 2 Basic views, 3 Sales views, 1 purchase view, 4 MRP views and 2 costing views.

We have given authorization according to the material type. The Production Planning key user is given authorization for MM01, MM02 for the material type HALB. Other key users, even if they have MM01 and MM02 authorization, they can not create or change the material that comes under material type HALB.

Now the requirement is I want to give MM02 authorization to SD key user for the materials under material type HALB with restrictions. SD key user will be allowed to change the basic and sales views. So, I want to hide 1 purchase view, 4 MRP views and 2 costing views. How will be this achieved? Your suggestions are solicited.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bharathi,

i think so you can achieve though OMS2 & in authorization group.

please check and confirm

happy new year 2011 - bharathi.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is understood that the authorization can be controlled by Material type in the object M_MATE_MAR; similarly, authorization to the views of the material master can be controlled in the object M_MATE_STA.

I created a role ZMM01; this role has authorization to view all ROH material type. I did it through authorization group. I assigned all the eligible views to ROH (K- basic data, B- accounting, C- classification .... and so on) in the object M_MATE_STA.

I created another role ZMM02; this role has authorization to view all HALB material type. I did it through authorization group. I assinged only few views here. They are Basic view - K, Plant Stock - X, Storage location stock - Z.

I created one user ZMMUSER. When I assign the role ZMM02 only to the user ZMMUSER, the system dispalys only the HALB material types with view K, X, Z. When I assign the user roles ZMM01 and ZMM02, the system shows the HALB material types with all views.

My requirement is the user ZMMUSER should be able to view/change all the ROH material with all views and the HALB material with limited views. How can this be acheived? Does it require any coding with the help of ABAPers?

Kind regards,

K Bharathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the t.code OMT3E as mentioned in the link

Regards,