cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB1B Posting Change and Destination Storage Type 309

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know the storage type cannot be changed for the posting change!!

But we have the same material located in two different storage types / storage locations. We putaway (GR) to our normal storage type and for some stock we reserve in a storage location / storage type based om Major customer sales forecasts. So we move the stock to this location every month based on a compay formula.

But in SAP when I do the MB1B it will always find the putaway that was used for the GR, so I am putting stock back into the same storage type 002 (Shelf). I have done my research and it seems alot of other SAP clients/customers have the same issue/requirement. I have tried all the userexits and even a BADI and nothing is working for MB1B.

Anyone got something to help regarding my current issue/dilemna?

I can only consider:

1. LB01 u2013 Manual TR for 312 and LT04 TO can goto Z04 Customer Reserve

2. Use LB10 wih a 312 movement type (allow TR).

2. Do I have consider TO Splits rather than a posting change?

Regards

Waza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess you have to use Put away strategy K (Near Picking Bin) is used for materials that is being is frequently picked, as it is appropriate to store the material close to picking area.

In this strategy system will try to place the material in fixed bin, if not the system will try a reserve bin, the baseline is system will do placement in a bin which is closest to picking area using configured search.

You can define this in transaction OMLA.

The screen will shows six possible configurations selections;

>Put away strategy activation

>Storage type control definition

>Search per level definition

>Row ans shelf assignment

>Storage bin generation

>Consistency checks

Also in IMG >>Logistics Execution>>Warehouse Management>>Strategies>>Put away strategies>>Define strategy for Near Picking Bin

For respective warehouse and storage type, it is genuinely to leave the configuration with only 'K' in stock placement control and this will surely perform put away in reserve bin as expected and required by you, without searching for the fixed bin or carrying out a search for a relevant bin.

I think with this you can use reserve bin effectively for placing the stocks

Br,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply.

But I only want this to happen when I am doing a MB1B 311 / 312 --> WM 309. We only decide once a month to move the stock into reserve stor. loc. after confirmation of the BIG customers that they will purchase stock in the next three months (season).

K is a good strategy if I have bins close to my picking area and I put the rest of the material in the back of the warehouse.

Any other assistance?

KInd Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per information provided you only want to do put away in reserve bin (MB1B 311/312>WM 309), in that you can block the bin with last Goods reciept date.

To block the bin you can use LS08. Please check this setting: Warehouse Management --> Interfaces --> Inventory Management --> Goods Movement (IM) Not Allowed for Storage Types

LS02N for the bin > "Status" section > "Stock Removal Block" indicator

Once you have completed with your monthly customer specifc activity you can unblaock the bin, so your parent bin is again available for goods movement.

Br,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I understand your response and it is feasible I guess, though that's a lot of bins to block and unblock every month.

I guess SAP does not agree to having two places to store the same material, inefficient warehouse management process!!!

Is there a method to do this manually in WM and then post the IM effect to IM?

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess the best way to do this is not to keep storage type search active, which automatically determines the storage type and respective bin during put away. In that case, while confirming transfer order, system, will ask you the storage type /storage bin in which put away has to be done and rest all things can be in placed as per requirement.

Regards,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

That is just too many bins to manually decide.

Our 001 and 002 storage types will basically have a fixed bin structure ... well very close to it anyway.

Our customer reserve will just be add to existing stock. DO you happen to know of a "standard" userexit that can be used for putaway but that can be used for determining a different strategy for MB1B?

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Solution:

1. Use a reference movement type for 309 (996), 311, 312(997) and link to the FROM storage type 002 in the search strategy and identifying to search in Z04 and Z03.

Issue:

Issue still remains that because I am using "I" putaway strategy then in LT05/LT06 the field "post to same bin" appears ticked and therefore if I used RLAUTA11 to background create my posting change to a TO it will always use 002. I always then have to use LT05 / LT06. Anybody had this issue too? I know 321 will post the same bin via T333 as it is a stock type movement, but imagine if you have a QI storage location, then the same issue would occur.

Regards

Waza

Edited by: Warren James Nash on Jan 7, 2011 7:23 AM