cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOE XI 3.1 Mysql database connection jar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new learner for BOE.I installed Business Object Enterpraise 12.0.

I have created the report WebI rich client and saved in local path, and also some value insert into mysql database table.

I need to know how its stored into mysql database.

which jar file is used for creating the connection with mysql database .

Thanks,

Yousuf

Edited by: yousufalam on Dec 31, 2010 12:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Are you talking about the BO repository here?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stratos,

Not Exactly,

In BOE they are using mysql database.So if create the report using WebI rich client then template is stored in localpath.

and some values inserted into cms_infoobjects6 table in mysql database. so somewhere they are create the connection object to connect the mysql database

where can i get the Mysql Connection object detail in BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0 directory.

Thanks ,

Yousuf

0 Kudos

Use the BOE SDK to read/modify the connection object. The information is stored encoded in the database.

I would recommend to take a look at the BOW SDK usage examples

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/JavaBusinessObjectsEnterpriseSDKSamples

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you say

com.mysql.jdbc.Driver this class is stored encoded in the database

Is it correct?

0 Kudos

No. I mean the connection object itself (incl. username/passowrd/URL)

The JDBC class you are reffering to is MySQL specific and should be part of the mysql JDBC driver distribution. This is not a BO component.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stratos,

By using link i have run change the BOE user name sample sdk program.

But i couldnot able to find SDK to read/modify the connection object .

So kindly share the example program for read/modify the boe mysql connection object

Thanks ,

Yousuf

0 Kudos

The connection objects are store in the CI_APPOBJECTS repository table with SI_KIND='Metadata.DataConnection' . The connection properties are stored as property bags along with your objects.

Unfortunately I have just found a reference that this kind of access in not fully supported though and you may have to use the Universe Designer SDK (COM based)

Since you are working with the SDK it will make sense to post your questions here:

Regards,

Stratos

Answers (0)