cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in Context Objects and XPath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN Users,

I have a query. I am testing an interface which is IDoc to file Scenario. I have a receiver determination condition mentioned as

MESCOD = AAA AND MESFCT=BBB. Here i am using context Objects.

When i am testing the inteface from RWB, giving appropriate values to satisfy the Receiver determination condition,

the message fails due to the error receiver cannot be determined. but when i change the condtion from Context Objects

to XPath then the interface works fine. I need to know why this is happening. and also need to know, in an end to end testing

at what stage wil the Context Objects be set.

Please help me in understanding this.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> and also need to know, in an end to end testing at what stage wil the Context Objects be set.

The standard context objects do not interpret the payload, but the dynamic parameters (adapter specific message attributes)

The dynamic parameters are populated by the adapter, and are not set from testing in RWB.

a test messae in good enough to test a mapping, but for a real end-to-end test you always have to create a real message, that means, send an IDoc from test system.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was this context object working earlier? This should work from RWB as well.

You may give a try by creating a Test NFS/FTP sender to see if it will work in end to end flow. The problem could be related to incorrect namespace as well.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Updates? Required Help..

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

have you assigned the context object in the service interface of repository? if you are using PI7.1 then use service interface as

XI3.0 compatible and then use the XPath.

Thanks

Sugata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I think you got it wrong. The context object is set in Receiver Determination of Configuration, in a condition which is used to determine the receiver.