cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics Agent (SMD) - SAP Host Agent - RCA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am implementing the SOLMAN DIAGNOSTICS (RCA).

The first step is to install the SMD (Solution Manager Diagnostics or Diagnostics Agents) to all satellite system.

I am reading the Diagnistic Setup Guide in https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000952852009E.

In the guide, in page 10, it is mentionned that "installing a SAP Host Agent" is a pre-requisites.

I thought that SPA Host Agent is only needed and mandatory since version SAP NetWeaver 7.1.

My question :

Until SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and 7.01, do we have to install the SAP Host Agent or not ?

Best regards

SAP Netweaver Admin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP Host Agent is a pre-requisite for Solution Manager Diagnostics Agent.

The question is do you need to install the agent or will it be installed for you.

According to the installation manual:

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000952852009E

Diagnostics Agent 7.11 - Setup Guide

SAP Host Agent

The SAP Host Agent is a prerequisite for the Diagnostics Agent. However it is not installed automatically.

2.9 Install the SAP Host Agent

You need to install a standalone host agent if it was not previously installed on the host. The host agent is automatically installed during the installation of all SAP NetWeaver instances and components.

Therefore it is required, it may or may not already be installed on the system you are trying to configure for Diagnostics.

If it is not on the system, it will need to be installed.

I hope this givs the proper direction.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your input.

So we also have to install it manually for an SAP NW 7.0 and SAP NW 7.01 ?

Best regards

SAP NetWeaverAdmin

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

No, that is not what the guide states. It states:

The host agent is automatically installed during the installation of all SAP NetWeaver instances and components.

Please look at the Netweaver Installation Guides for SAP NW 7.0 and SAP NW 7.01,

Please look at SAPInst Installation Options

Please see Additional Preparations and you should see a section like this under SAP Host Agent:

Additional Preparations

Host Agent

Choose Additional PreparationsHost AgentHost Agent to install the host agent with the profiles SAPSystem=99 and SAPSystemName=SAP.

The host agent contains all of the required elements for centrally monitoring any host.

Normally you do not need to install the host agent separately, because it is automatically installed during the installation of all SAP NetWeaver components, except TREX.

You only need to install the host agent separately when:

You want to centrally monitor a host that does not have an SAP component.º

You want to perform an upgrade to SAP NetWeaver.

For more information, see Host Agent as a Separate Installation...

So the answer is no, you don't need to install in manually, unless it is TREX, a Host that does not have an SAP component or you want to perform an upgrade to SAP Netweaver.

This is the same information found in the SAP Host Agent Installation Guide that I have already proved to you.

I hope this removes any doubt you have.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi Rani / Paul,

I have SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP 0, and I am migrating them to latest OS version and latest DB version, Without changing anything on SAP side.

Do I need to installed SAP Host agent?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can not install SAP Host Agent on NW 7.0 and 7.01.

Its get installed automatically from SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP 2.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/f4/54d43ee1914ed1bca6427c21f498ef/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/f4/54d43ee1914ed1bca6427c21f498ef/frameset.htm]

Jansi