Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one transparent table in SAP ERP with 3 field lets say f1,f2 & f3 where as f1 & f2 will be act as primary keys. Based on the input values for the fields f1,f2 the f3 values must be fetched. With the help of Lookup's I can achieve this but my requirement is maintain the values in value mapping. Can anybody guide how I need to realize this scenario in Value mapping. Appreciate for your response.

Thank you,

Mallikarjuna Rao M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my company, I use value mapping replication and when we want to have more key or target fields, we simply divide them by ":"

fo example: key = company code + business area 0010:0010

This works perfect.

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the below blogs and walkthrough example, it will help you:

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2006/10/23/accessing-value-mapping-defined-in-directory-using-java-functions

How to Perform Value Mapping - A Walkthrough :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00ee347e-aabb-2a10-b298-d15a1ebf4...

-Rahul

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

none of those exmaples show how to achieve the required scenario as it's not possible with value mapping

so why show it ?

Please try to read the scenario first before answering

thank you,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Can anybody guide how I need to realize this scenario in Value mapping. Appreciate for your response.

it's not possible to use value mapping in this case - as you can only have one key in value mapping

(value mapping always needs to work the other way round too)

go for the lookups

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> it's not possible to use value mapping in this case - as you can only have one key in value mapping

> (value mapping always needs to work the other way round too)

Why not simply use concat (f1 + f2) as primary key?