Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to be able to develop a query in production using Y tech name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to allow some key users to develop queries in our production system with query technical name starting with Y (E.g. YSLS_Q001).

Now, our Z and standard queries cannot be touched/modified, only the Y ones where some users will be able to copy Z to Y and save it in production.

Please can you give me some direction on how to do it and which authorization object and parameters to be supplied?

We have BI 7.

Thanks a lot.

Cesar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also watch out for S_RS_COMP1 if you are having author based restriction in query

Regards,

Arpan Paik

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can restrict creation/modification of only Y* queries via auth object- S_RS_COMP where query naming convention (Y* in your case) which they can create/modify can be specified in field-RSZCOMPID .Additionally you can also restrict access to create the queries for specific infoareas and infoproviders via fields RSINFOAREA (InfoArea) and RSINFOCUBE (InfoCube).

You would also require to give access to save those queries in user's roles via auth objects S_USER_AGR and S_USER_TCD so that the users can see those queries. I guess you would be already doing that for your Z* queries as well.

Thanks

Sandipan

Edited by: Sandipan Choudhury on Dec 31, 2010 12:37 AM

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also watch out for S_RS_COMP1 if you are having author based restriction in query

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

In addition to my earlier post, you have to add ACTVT 01, 02, 03 and 06 for S_RS_COMP object for giving access to Create/Change/Display/Delete Y queries.

S_RS_COMP1 is required if you want to restrict administration of queries to only the particular user who created it (OWNER ) and it is available to other users (including other administrators) for display and execution only. You can grant this access to a particular team or use the variable $USER to give all users the authorization for queries that they created themselves. $USER is replaced by the corresponding user ID during the authorization check.

Thanks

Sandipan

Edited by: Sandipan Choudhury on Dec 31, 2010 9:26 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

In our Q system (which is closed for any query develoment), I have entered Y* in field RSZCOMPID and restricted by a particular info-area under S_RS_COMP object.

Also in the activity (ACTVT) I have entered " * " for full access .

When I try to create a Y query, it says 'you do not authorization for Add or create'.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

You also need to have access to respective characteristics. That's where analysisn authorization comes in place. Create the same in RSECADMIN and assign that to user either directly in that transaction or by role (Object is S_RS_AUTH)

Edited :

In our Q system (which is closed for any query develoment)

BTW what did you mean by that? Is there any system change option or something like that? I have no idea if any such thing exists. If they do then you also need to change them. If they do please let me know.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Edited by: P Arpan on Jan 14, 2011 10:20 PM

0 Kudos

Arpan,

Thanks. i have added auth object under S_RS_AUTH and not getting prior messages.

I am using a particular role for this purpose.

But now I am getting another message: You want to change objects although the system setting is "Not Changeable".

I am testing it in our BIQ system and as i said this system is NOT opened for any query creation/modification. Only execution/display.

One more thing: only few users will have the ability in the future to change/create Y* query in Q and P.

Now how can I allow change/create a query in Q or P if system is CLOSED for modification/creation?

I know how to allow query change/creation via configuration but it will do i for ALL users.

Thanks for your reply.

Cesar

0 Kudos

Provide query creation access to few of them (create access in S_RS_COMP, S_RS_COMP1). For rest of the users do not give access to create query. That's how our cliet is maintained. Well if the policy is not to open the client any any case then you may look to transport query. Well I am not sure if that is possible. Even possible then how? You may check with functional people on this.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see Changeability of query element section of SAP note # 992965

In addition to setting the query elements as "everthing chageable" or " original changeable", you may further protect the queries via object S_RS_COMP & S_RS_COMP1 with proper query naming conventions

Thanks

Sandipan