cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting entry in UWL from XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to post an approval request entry in a UWL from XI. I'm using a BPM that makes an asynchronous call to an abap proxy in my abap client. The BPM executes successfully. The problem is the proxy call doesn't execute the code in the proxy (EXECUTE_ASYCHRONOUS). I've done traces that show that the BPM is getting to the abap client, but I can't see what it is doing once it gets there and it doesn't post anything to the UWL. I've tested the proxy to manually post something, so I know the proxy code works. I just don't know why the proxy isn't being executed. Can anyone provide assistance on what to look at next?

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you sure that connection between PI and SAP ECC wroking, monitor your connection.... execute trasaction code SXMB_MONI in SAP ECC and check message enetr in to ECC or not.

i suspect that connection between PI and ECC not working.

REgards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your prompt responses.

Yes, There are entries in SXMB_MONI in the XI client that show that the asynchronous call has been completed successfully (checkered flag). There is an entry in SXMB_MONI in the business system that shows the proper BPM as the sender service. This entry has a green flag instead of a checkered flag. So I can tell that the message is successfully being received in the business system, but it appears to stop at that point.

I see no entries in the queues in transaction SMQ2 in either the integration server or the business system.

I'm looking though the blog "How do you activate ABAP Proxies?" to see if there is anything missed.

Any other suggestions?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> I'm looking though the blog "How do you activate ABAP Proxies?" to see if there is anything missed.

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

The above link and my previous answer would be helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using transaction SXMB_MONI I can see that the messages are getting to my ABAP client. I am able to see messages in transaction SMQ2. They are not automatically being processed in the queues. Once I execute the messages in the queue, the message in SXMB_MONI goes from green to a checkered flag, but It still does not execute my proxy.

Any other suggestions?

As always, I thank you for your assistance.

Keith

Edited by: Keith Cowan on Jan 3, 2011 11:31 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>> I just don't know why the proxy isn't being executed. Can anyone provide assistance on what to look at next?

The proxy configuration between ECC and PI needs to be checked.

The below link will be helpful.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>> I just don't know why the proxy isn't being executed. Can anyone provide assistance on what to look at next?

The proxy configuration between ECC and PI needs to be checked.

The below link will be helpful.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is BPM to proxy message in sxmb_moni successful?

Can you see any entry in smq2 or sm58?

Regards,

Prateek