cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heuristic Planning Run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would really appreciate your help regarding our issue on SNP Heuristic. Currently we are running regenerative planning. We run Heuristic in the background and Net change planning is not selected. However, viewing the result of the planning run. The whole horizon is not re-planned which should be the case in regenerative. Heuristic is using net change planning and only plans those products where there are changes.

Hoping for your help.

SIncerely yours,

RIa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that in heuristic if you are taking a run with same condition , then same results will come exch time.And if the demand is only changing then the system will add the reciept element for the extra demand.

So I will suggest you to delete all transaction data (/SAPAPO/RLCDEL) before running heuristic and then take the run.I think this will help you to actually regenerate plan.

Hope this can help.

regards,

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks a lot for your replies.. as for your queries/answers:

- Datta: yes we are running low level codes before the executing heuristics

- Chan: I actually replicated it in our test system and used the same planning book, we are executing heuristics in background and the planning is selected for the entire horizon

- Kaushik: Thanks, we are already actually using RLCDELETE as a workaround. However, the behavior of the system is not really normal or standard.

Though we have a workaround, we are still looking for the reason why this happens, in order as well to rectify/avoid future errors regarding the heuristic run.

Again thanks a lot for your kind help. I would really appreciate your feedback as to the possible root cause. Might be some master data field we had wrongly maintained in the system. Would like to ask what are the things considered by the system in order for it to use net change planning.

Have a marvelous new year everyone! Again thank you.

Sincerely,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any feedback with regards to this issue?

I would very much appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ria

Can you check if the stock balance macro in your planning book in which you are executing heuristics is for the entire horizon or is it curtailed for 18 months?

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I looked into the macro and it lseems like it is looking at the whole horizon.

Would really appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SNP heuristics will run and plan as long as the data view in the planning book permits.In this case, if you run heuristics and view results in a different data view or in product view, then planning results may be different than expected.

If your heuristics planning book has 18 months horizon and user's planning book/data view has 24 months horizon, then it will appear to user that planning is not done for entire horizon.

Also check whether entire planning horizon is selected or a date range shorter than planning horizon is used if you are running SNP heuristics in background.

Thanks,

Chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

From the problme description, what you are doing looks perfect, however, results are not as expected.

Are you running low-level code step before running main SNP heuristics ?

Regards

Datta