Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the Password for SAP* in Differenet clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We are using three clients namely 000,111,222. In that i have change the password for SAP* user in 111 client, when i go into SU01 t-code it suggests that no user does not exist for the client. Same error message comes for 222 client also, please provide the response regarding my problem.

Regards

Gopi

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I did not undertand your question.. if user id does not exist why will you change password and for what? You should create the user id SAP* in SU01 and then change the password if Audit requires you to have a user master record for SAP* in all clients.

Look at RSUSR003 report to check standard users status in all clients. Audit recommendation states in all probablity that you lock SAP* and change its password (so that it is not trivial).

Former Member
0 Kudos

The userid, SAP, is delivered with SAP and is available in clients 000 and 001 after the initial installation. Anyway, if the SAP userid is missing, you can simply create it in your clients 111 and 222 via SU01 and assign it to the SUPER user group and give it the SAP_ALL profile.  You can define its initial password at this point.

In case don't have a userid with sufficient authorization to create SAP, then you can use the SQL statements to delete SAP from the database. Since SAP* is also defined in SAP kernel, it gets automatically created once again, after you delete it, with password PASS. Then you can use SAP* with PASS to sign back into the client you want to define it in and recreate it.

There is also a profile parameter which can override the use of SAP* with PASS in SAP (login/no_automatic_user_sapstar).  When this parameter is defined either in your DEFAULT.PFL profile or the instance-specific profile and is set to a value of '1', then the automatic use of SAP* is deactivated. The only way to reactivate the kernel-defined SAP* userid in such case would be to stop SAP, change this parameter to a value of 0 (zero), and then restart SAP. For more information, see SAP Note 68048

Hope this helps!

Sandipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the solution , thanks for your response.

0 Kudos

You are welcome Wish you a very happy new year!