cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filename is not attached with archivelink process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I installed a SAP Content Server with Max DB and I did the different customizing :

- creation of repository

- creation of documents type

- link of objects etc..

Today I can attach documents (CRM opportunities) without problem BUT I have two problems :

1) IN UI : When I want to attach document, I have to choose in "advance tab" an archivelink repository. By default if I do not this step the attached document will be store in database! Is it possible to do customizing to avoid this manual step (for storing in sap content server)?

2) As I said, we can attach documents without problem in sap content server and I can read it BUT the name of the document is the extension! So if I attach 3 documents, I will find 3 documents with WORD name! Could you please help me to find a solution to resolve this big issue?

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards

Hocine NAÏ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your first query

1) IN UI : When I want to attach document, I have to choose in "advance tab" an archivelink repository. By default if I do not this step the attached document will be store in database! Is it possible to do customizing to avoid this manual step (for storing in sap content server)?

You may default the storage category via either of the following approaches:

- Implement SAP Note 664102 or

- Via customizing. Go to SPRO > Cross-Application Components > DMS > General Data > Define Profile. Create a profile and based on your scenario,assign it either to a user or to a role. Under Determine definitions for applications you can define a storage-category to a particular workstation application.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The suggestion by Pradeepkumar is not correct. This applies to SAP DMS documents, not ArchiveLink

To define the location of ArchiveLink files you need to change the repository location used when you configure the document with OAD5. As one of the steps in the process, it asks you which repository you intend using.

You would need to create an archivelink specific repository on the SAP content server. The naming convention for this can only have two characters so ensure you keep to this limitation. It does allow you to use longer names for SAP DMS but ArchiveLink only allows for a two character repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your second query

2) As I said, we can attach documents without problem in sap content server and I can read it BUT the name of the document is the extension! So if I attach 3 documents, I will find 3 documents with WORD name! Could you please help me to find a solution to resolve this big issue?

Unfortunately,in the standard behavior,your requirement will not be fulfilled.You may look at maintaining the file name in the 'Description' field while checking in the original to ensure that the file name is displayed in the description field.

Alternately,you may apply the note 1015165 to ensure that the original file name is also displayed during processing a DIR.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

No one can help me with my request?

thanks

Hocine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hocine,

Did you achive the above fucnitonality.

I am facing the same issue in webUI. When I attach a file I can see the extension instead of filename.

Your inputs will be really helpfull.

Thanks in advance,

Vineela.