cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI: CTC Wizard error with SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helllo all,

I have the following problem during the CTC configuration wizard (initial setup)of PI 7.1:

Error: Failed to Send Data. Target URL: http://xxxxxx:50100/sld/ds, Status: 401, Message: Unauthorized

Step: This step will send the system data to the sld server, to make it visible immediately

I have entered the NWA as j2ee_admin and I have put as previous step in the CTC Wizard the user DDIC and j2ee_admin for configuration and a local SLD...

I have added some authorizations to j2ee_admin including SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW and in the java part all the SLD groups for tthis user but the error persists.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Filipe,

In addition to the Caio`s recommendation, if you are using a Central SLD, ensure you follow this note below.

939592 - PI Usage Configuration versus Central SLD

You are getting an unauthorized problem to access the SLD from PI, so once you correct the permissions according to the note 939592 and 999962, you can validate it by going to the SLD, logging into it with a PI service user and go to Administration tab.

If you can open the Administration Tab, it means the PI service user has the correct roles to register the PI components to the SLD.

Then, you shouldn`t get the 401 error any longer.

I hope this helps.

Let us know the outcome!

Cheers,

Jorge Eidelwein

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Filipe,

Please read this info:

401 Unauthorized

Description: The request requires user authentication

Possible Tips:

u2022 Check XIAPPLUSER is having this Role -SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

u2022 If the error is in XI Adapter, then your port entry should J2EE port 5<System no>

u2022 If the error is in Adapter Engine

u2013then have a look into SAP note- 821026, Delete the Adapter Engine cache in transaction SXI_CACHE Goto --> Cache.

u2022 May be wrong password for user XIISUSER

u2022 May be wrong password for user XIAFUSER

u2013 for this Check the Exchange Profile and transaction SU01, try to reset the password -Restart the J2EE Engine to activate changes in the Exchange Profile After doing this, you can restart the message

And also, apply the note:

#999962 - PI 7.10: Change passwords of PI service users

You need to ensure all the passwords are the same for all the service users in all the mentioned places

in the note, such as Exchange Profile, SU01, SLDAPICUST, ...

Regards,

Caio Cagnani