cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway strategy K: near picking bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am experimenting putaway strategy K with 2 storage types, fixed bins & reserve. In my setup when capacity check is enabled in fixed storage type and no capacity left, the system searches for another bin from reserve and it works fine.

However my requirement would be that system would switch to reserve bins right away if fixed storage bin is NOT empty. Standard customization does not allow to disable "addition to existing stock" in case of putaway strategy is F - fixed bins.

Any advice how to achieve this in standard system or is the user exit needed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Put away strategy K (Near Picking Bin) is used for materials that is being is frequently picked, as it is appropriate to store the material close to picking area.

In this strategy system will try to place the material in fixed bin, if not the system will try a reserve bin, the baseline is system will do placement in a bin which is closest to picking area using configured search.

You can define this in transaction OMLA.

The screen will shows six possible configurations selections;

>Put away strategy activation

>Storage type control definition

>Search per level definition

>Row ans shelf assignment

>Storage bin generation

>Consistency checks

Also in IMG >>Logistics Execution>>Warehouse Management>>Strategies>>Put away strategies>>Define strategy for Near Picking Bin

For respective warehouse and storage type, it is genuinely to leave the configuration with only 'K' in stock placement control and this will surely perform put away in reserve bin as expected and required by you, without searching for the fixed bin or carrying out a search for a relevant bin.

Br,

Tushar

Edited by: Tushar Patankar on Dec 30, 2010 10:43 PM

Edited by: Tushar Patankar on Dec 30, 2010 10:43 PM