cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget tracking at WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

currently, i put a person responsible's name in the project definition to receive a SAP mail when expense exceeds the budget. Is it possible to track by using the WBS instead?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jeremy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to what Virendra has mentioned please be aware that budgeting can only be done against WBS elements. This itself explains that system wont trigger a mail to the person responsible maintained at the Proejct definintion level.

Maintain the person responsible at the WBS level. Also read SAP Help.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Gokul, Email will be triggered to Person responsible maintained at Project definition, If there are no person responsible are maintained at WBSE level. So, it is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for correcting me Ahmed..

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its ok Gokul, hope you will do the same for me if I missed out anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What if i have a person responsible, but i dont tag an officer in the proj def and put an office for the WBS, will it still send a notification?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont get your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i have understood your question correctly i think this query has already been answered in the posts above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1st Prority - Check responsible person in WBSE

2nd Prority - Check respobsible person in PD

So, if you dont maintain "Office User ID" in PD & do maintain in WBSE, then mail will be triggered.

regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Gokul, you cant say that, everybody has some dry areas and I too have some dry areas.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Putting person responsible in Project definition will not generate email when budget is exceeded as per standard SAP, unless you have some development.

As per standard SAP the WBS must have the person responsible to receive the email when budget is exceeded

Please read SAP help and also check various SDN threads for further information as this is a very basic functionality in PS