cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password cotrol-cFolder-Collaborative Folder-Main Vendor & Sub-vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are interacting with main vendor and sub-vendor for document submission and its approval through collaborative folder of cFolder tool.

In this respect, only main vendor's UID and its password is used for collaboration for the above process. The same UID and password is shared by sub-vendor also.Every 90 time elapse, system prompts user to change its password. If any user i.e. sub-vendor or main vendor changes the password, then other user are not able to login into system as all various user are logging into from country's different location.

Our objective is to control the password in such a way that only one user i.e. main vendor can change the password and other location's sub-vendor need not face the change of password for same collaborative folder

Exmple

At one location.

Main Vendors' UID=V_1000346

Password =password123

Diferent location

Under Same UID =V_1000346

Sub-vendor UID =V_1000456

Password =password456

Edited by: ypbahuguna on Dec 30, 2010 10:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what do you mean by UID - User ID, or are you working with a Business Partner concept?

Thanks, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am again giving details of scenario as below:-

Our objective is to control the password in such a way that only one user i.e. main vendor can change the password and other location's sub-vendor need not face the change of password for same collaborative folder

Exmple

At one location.

Main Vendors' UID =V_1000346

(UID = User ID of Vendor who logs into cfolder for Interaction with organisation for Drawing?document handling like approval / rejectio.)

Password =password123

Diferent location

Sub-vendor is performing action on behalf of main vendor under same UID=V_1000346 and same password assigned earlier.

Under Same UID =V_1000346

Each user logs into cfolder under collaborative scenario of cFolder.

System prompts user to change password for each user logs into the system after elaps of 90 days. In this caes any user of main vendor or sub-vendor who so ever first gets chance to log into the sytem is prompted for change of password.

Can you suggest that each individual user(having UID and password) will be able to log into Cfolder in same collaborative scenarion under same collaborative folder.

YPB

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all, I need to stress that there is a reason for users being individual users in cFolders. If different people are accessing cFolders, they need different users.

In your case, in the second example, you work with one and the same user, although as you state different users (one from the vendor, and one from the sub vendor) are logging in to cFolders to work on a document approval.

cFolders collaborations allow access to any number of users, and if you want to trigger document approval by a vendor, you can trigger notifications to individual users or all participants of the collaboration, just depending on how you trigger the notification, e.g. subscription, manual notification, automatic or manual status action driven notification on status switch etc.

Regards, Ulf.