cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer device group and a label format in SAP AII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello @ all,

I try to configure a SAP OER System with SAP AII. Now I should configure the label printing with the transaktion /AIN/ASGN_PRF_FORMAT. I must take a profile name, a printer device group and a label format. The problem is now, that I can't chose a printer device group and also I don't know the label format. Where can I adjust the printer device group and which label format must be in that field?

Can anybody help me?

Thank you.

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solved the first problem with the printer device group. I took the wrong role of RFID-device group.

Now I need some help about the label format. What should be in this field. Do SAP really need the label format? I think that must be a SAP-script form. Where can I take the data for such a form?

Thank you for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I am SAP Technical Consultant working in Aii 5.0. Client is Implementing Aii 7.0 and OER. Do you have any config or any materials related to OER?

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

The systems we use are an EHP4 as an ERP-system, a SAP AIE (with OER and AII) 7.0 and a PI-System. The external devices are connected to AII of the AIE-system.

I don't still have a material in the SAP AIE-system. Is it important for the label format? The material is't in the SAP AIE, because there is a problem with the connection of the PI-system. There we opened a sap-call and wait for the answer.

We use an spool-printer. And I want print a label by sending a PML in the transaktion /AIN/TEST_CLIENT. Do you need more information?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

SAP AII sends the label format filename as part of the Command message xml to the printer during tag commissioning.

I assume you have configured the label format filename for SAP_PRINT_PROFILE using transaction /AIN/ASGN_PRF_FORMAT - Assign Format to Printer and Profile

Now you have to assign that profile to an ID type or GTIN, etc. using the menus under Profiles for Tag Commissioning and Label Printing.

Once this configuration is done, the xml command message containing the element WriteTagData is sent to the printer RFC destination configured against the Device controller as an HTTP message.

This command message will contain the label format and field names - value pairs as per the SAP_PRINT_PROFILE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwin,

how can I conigure a label format filename? Can I use SAPScript. I use the printer 6404 from Avery-Dennison. Or should we use a printer-software like nice-label?

I don't use a printer RFC destination but I use a spool-printer. Is this a problem?

kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The label format template file is designed by the printer provided software, such as Nice-label and is made up of variables which map to the attributes sent in the command xml message.

The filename is configured against SAP_PRINT_PROFILE using transaction /AIN/ASGN_PRF_FORMAT - Assign Format to Printer and Profile.

For a typical real time label printing scenario, the printer must be online and listening for an xml message sent over HTTP.

The printer picks the file name from the xml message and populates the variables from the xml message and finally prints the label.