Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete request from DSO

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our process chain got failed today showing an errors of invalid charcters. I maintained in RSKC transactio for those invalid charcters. But still my request in DSO is in red status only. When I try to delete from DSO, I could not delete the request. I am able to delete from PSA and reload agin. But iam unable to delete from DSO. I really don't understand the reason behind this........

Can anyone help me...........?

Suman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

You can delete your bad request as follows

1. Make your request red marked

2. Then go to DTP--> click on monitor

3. Select appropriat date (In your case selct today date)

4. There you will find Delete sign at top righ hand side. Use taht to delete your request.

Regards,

Sushant

Answers (13)

Answers (13)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can delete request from DTP monitor screen. Make that request red from this screen then delete button will be enable on the screen. This button will delete the request from DSO/ Cube.

Thanks,

Subodh C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Please delete the DSO request related entries from the tables RSBKREQUEST RSREQDONE, RSREQICODS, RSICCONT . (Take the help from BASIS). Later it will allow you to delete the red request in DSO.

It would help you to resolve this.

Regards

Sibbala

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RSMONICDP & RSICCONT

In the past i wrote a ABAP to delete DSO data by request, i used above 2 tables

bmalyadri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below steps . It will help you.

1. Please copy the request ID from DSO
  2. Go to SE16
  3. Give the table name  RSICCONT  and execute
  4. Give the copied Request ID from DSO & Name of the DSO and execute
  5. Select your request and Delete it.

you can use table RSMONICDP instead of table RSICCONT.

If you unable to delete with above steps, please follow the below link.

Regards

Malyadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the request ID in SM12 transaction.  If the request ID is locked in the transaction then the system will allow us to delete the request from DSO.

Regards,

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

correction, 

If the request ID is locked in the transaction SM12 then the system will not allow us to delete the request from DSO.

Regards,

Vasu

former_member182196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find this in google you will find a good document "How to Delete all Request from info cube and DSO in a Single Click".

Regards,

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,suman ,

Please to check the background job for this request,many be the bg jod is blocked and can't stop and finished,

Best,

Leno

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It is very out dated thread. The issue was resolved long ago. Thanks for your time again..

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Could you please tell me how you exactly rectified this issue.

Please provide the steps.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I deleted the unwanted entries from the tables and I was able to activate the DSO requests.

harshil_joshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I know you solved this problem long ago but here I am explaining error which I am facing for the same.

Please consider it.

I received a MESSAGE_TYPE_X error while activating DSO.

As per SAP Note Number: 671562  I have to delete unwanted requests. I found one of my request no. 52835.

Steps followed by me:

DSO --> Right Click --> Manage that request.

I have also delete this request from the provided tables by you all in this thread.

But still that request is available in DSO --> Manage and facing same MESSAGE_TYPE_X error.

Please help to solve this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suman,

Please don't follow the above comments which guide you to delete entries from table, even you have the authorization, Since I did the same way before, but it make a very serious data inconsistency.

Later i asked our Basis team, after investigation from them, our system support pacakge needs to be upgrade to 10 in SAP BW 7.3.

Then the issue solved,

Therefore, i strongly suggest you to reach the Basis team.

Best Regards!

Lee

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

THANKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Go to Table RSREQICODS,Click on diapaly (F7) -> Contents> Execute there you can Select your request number in the Menu Bar delete the entry.When you delete the entry from table automaticcally request will delete from DSO.

Hope its help you

Regards,

Jayapal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am also facing same issue so I performed same as above but it got deleted form table (RSREQICODS) but its is still reflecting in D.S.O. request tab.

Please help me for the same.

Thanks

Praveen.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It must be lying in other tables like RSICCONT, RSODSACTREQ  tables. Please delete from them too..

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, praveenn,

Check this two tables : RSSELDONE and RSISCONT, mentioned request will be there then delete from two tables.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need not to delete the request in red in DSO. Once you finish the changes of your data in PSA or by allowing sp characters in RSKC, just repeat that process (via context menu --> select Repair if it is DSO). In BI 7.0, you need to to delete bad request from any target. Selecting Repair will re-trigger the instance that was failed due to any reason. For your confirmation, note down the red request number and after repairing, you see the same request number.

Hope this will help you.

Venkat

abhijitgaikwad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkata.

In my opinion, your way should have been adopted by the poster. Anyway, like most others, I am interested in knowing whether deleting id's from application tables (RS), blatantly posted by some friends without putting any disclaimer, is advisable or not. Would doing this not place the information in an in-consistent state?

I thank everybody in advance.

Many regards,

Abhijit

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mr.Abhijit,

I think you have not understood my scenario well. My problem was not with the current request. The issue was the previous requests which got deleted in DSO were still lying in DB tables. So, after deleting those unwanted requests from tables, my current request went through correctly.

Unless you are confident on what you are deleting, you should not delete just like that. I have made an exclusive blog on this. Please go through..

http://scn.sap.com/community/data-warehousing/netweaver-bw/blog/2013/06/30/how-to-delete-a-request-f...

Note: every one knows that we should not delete table entries. This is a standard thumb rule. At times, we are forced to do that and there is no impact on others, then we can happily delete the unwanted entries.

abhijitgaikwad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Suman,

My dear friend, I feel Sorry.

<Quote>

Hi,

Our process chain got failed today showing an errors of invalid charcters. I maintained in RSKC transactio for those invalid charcters. But still my request in DSO is in red status only. When I try to delete from DSO, I could not delete the request. I am able to delete from PSA and reload agin. But iam unable to delete from DSO. I really don't understand the reason behind this........

Can anyone help me...........?

Suman

<Unquote>

You did not well detail your problem, how would one understand the crux there?

Well, to me the problem is not the DSO request activation failure but rather deletion of request id's from one or more RS tables, either by someone inadvertent or by the application (BW) itself. Who deleted them in your case? Is the problem then with invalid characters? If so, this is another issue.

Someone following your thread wrote about "unwanted requests", then why the heck did he load the request in first place. I really pity some threads and the assertion by people trying to hijack the thread by posting solutions without knowing the cause itself.

But believe me, such threads inadvertently motivate people in hastily reaching conclusions without even referring to Basis or experts from the BW team.

Anyway, I rest my case.

Thanks, Abhijit

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhijit Gaikwad

I raised this post to address my issue. How can you say that some others in future who looks at this thread may come to a different conclusion. If they take it in a different way, What I can do? It's their problem. To avoid all such confusions, I made the blog. Have you gone through it?

I don't think anybody will take this decision to delete entries without consulting their BW team. No such irresponsible guys will be there.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Goto Se11 trans> ENter the table name RSBKREQUEST> Goto Contents>Under TGT enter your DSO(DataTarget name)> Execute--> You will be able to see the requests under that particular DataTarget

In the column USTATE> Check if the number is 3, then it is the request processed with Errors(If its 2 Processed Successful)> Select that particular request & delete it.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Pavan

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto Se11 -- enter table "RSICCONT" Monitor: Saving of the updated IC and ODS per request.

Enter DSO name in infocube name.

execute

it will display the requests present in the DSO. -->select the request and from the menu "table entry" -->select delete(SHFT+F2).

the request will be deleted from the DSO.

Regards

KP

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

I have tried in the same way what u told me , I am able to see my unwanted requests in the list. But the delete option is disabled under Table entry.

So shat should i do?

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether you have authorization to do so.

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Looks like you do not have authorizations to delete entry from the table.

check if you have authorization to delete request from that particular DSO.

If it the first time you are facing this issue ? contact Basis and ask them to delete the request from the DSO using the fire fighter id.

Regards

KP

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

in case u want to avoid this PSA character data prolem pls see below link

and for DSO req deletion authorization pls contact your seurity team i guess some roless might be mising from your id in su01d.

hope it helps

thanks

nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Looks like an authorization issue .Your system log should point to this issue check sm21 and update.

Selective deletion on period can help to resolve at times with loading downtime again .

Goodday..

harshil_joshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prashanth,

If request is still in process(Yellow) then we can not delete right? then what we can do first we have to make red then can do it?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, we can make QM status to red and then we can delete it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether you have authorization to delete the request. Check in su53 transaction for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the error you are getting while you are trying to delete the rquest from DSO..??

rgds, Ghuru

former_member185181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if there is any dump in st22