cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on message mapping screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am working on file to idoc scenario. I Imported the IDOC to my scenario. In Messaga Mapping IDOC structure displaying fields as a documention. but i need techincal names of those fields.

for Example: In my IDOC 1 field is showing companycode but I want to see that field as a BUKRS.

How to see the technical names of IDOC fields in Message Mapping.

Your help is highly apprecia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I Imported the IDOC to my scenario. In Message Mapping IDOC structure displaying fields as a documention. but i need techincal names of those fields.

I have no idea which button you have clicked. The message mapping shows the element names in every view which I tried.

Could you provide a screenshot? Upload it to flickr or similar page and put a link to it in forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data element name is different from field name of the Idoc.

As mentioned in the above messages, COMP_CODE is the field name and BUKRS is its corresponding data element name. To know the data element names of the Idoc field names, please goto the transaction WE30.

The issue here is how to get the data element name displayed in the message mapping in PI.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Subbu

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try to export the XML schema from WE60 & import that into PI to see if it reflects.

-

Srikanth Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think we would be able to see the data element names of the IDOC in XI. Even the imported XSD of Idoc doesnot contain data element name.

We would be only dealing with the field names/ structure of the IDOC for field message mappings. The field names are internally mapped to the data element names in SAP R3 system.

To view the internal mapping between field names and data element names of the Idoc fields, you can go to the transaction 'WE30'. Give the basic type of the Idoc and go to the segment editor. You can find the data element names for each field name there.

Thank you.

Regards,

Subbu

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes IDoc field name will differ SAP Table field name, if you want to change the names in IDoc, you have to extend the IDoc.

if it confusiin, betetr to prepare Mapping document like SAP table field name IDoc field names then target... in this case you will have clear idea..most of the time we follow this.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your response .

I would like to o see the data element of the field names in IDOC in message mapping?

eg: filed name :HEADER.TXT its data element is BKTXT

how to see data element names in message mapping?

Thanks,

Anvitha