Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Expert mode generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts -

Please clarify this doubt

Scenario

Recently we have done SU24 updates or few SAP standard Transaction. Earlier these standard transactions has dummy value as prescribed by SAP. Our client requested us to assign some values instead of dummy values in Su24

Roles impacted

Hence we have idenltified few roles which gives acess for these Transaction and generated them in expert mode.

As a result of this SU24 change, the maintained authorization value for the transactions which we done Su24 update in the existing roles are missing now.

The role has only the standard value of Su24 which we have given.

As per my understanding , su24 should override only the standard values in the existing roles and should not change the maintained value in the role

Please correct me where i am gone wrong.

Thanks,

Sanjeev.S

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which option you have selected in the Expert mode Generation? If you have selected "Delete old profile and re-create profile

option, it will not keep the old values.

If you have opted the last option, you should have the new standard values added additionally to the existing.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,

As per my understanding , su24 should override only the standard values in the existing roles and should not change the maintained value in the role

SU24 will override standard and maintained object status.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PFCG expert mode generation (assuming you ran it with option 'Read Old status and merge new data') does affect the Authorization objects with Maintained Status if after comparison with table USOBT_C (SU24 changes update this table) it finds there is new standard authorizations that must be extended to one of the maintained fields in Object.

Only when the maintained field within old authorization Object of the role has blank values as per USOBT_C or it contains identical authorizations as in USOBT_C, a new standard authorization is not extended to those fields of the authorization object with 'Maintained' status.

Thanks

Sandipan