cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI connectivity with OPC server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My customer has a requirement to transfer real-time data from OPC server at one of the power plants into SAP. Can anyone suggest what kind of interface should XI establish with OPC server. Is it feasible to exchange data through web-service ?

Thanks,

Aparna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The APIs with OPC server may help in providing web-service which can then be communicated using soap. It would be advisable to contact your OPC team to know the possibility in which the system could be integrated. A direct database access or providing a flat file could be other option.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen and Prateek for your inputs. I will check with the OPC team about the webservices and get back to you as I might require some help further.

Regards,

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

We are implementing same kind of scenario for GAS Management System to communicate with SCADA systems.

I hope your scenario is similar to this:

Process flows is as follows:

From SAP PI to OPC Gateway(Acts a OPC Client) you can use Webservice consumer and provider model as they work on HTTP.

From OPC Gateway(OPC Client) to OPC Server you can use TCP/IP.

This OPC server can be installed on the Power Distribution Main server.

In OPC Gateway you can use .NET to provide a webservice.

Regards

Praveen K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

You can use SOAP adapter to connect to OPC/OPC Gateways. As Prateek said you ask you OPC team to create webservice and provide the WSDL. Genarally you .Net to create webservices in OPC.

Use sample OPC's like Matricon for testing.

Regards

Praveen K