Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replenishment lead time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to clarify what is meant by the following statements:

"It is recommended ,however, that you only Implement and Availability Check at the end of the Replenishment Lead Time".

My understanding is Avail Check is done whenever we enter items in an order. So, what is meant by the statement? Why 'Implement' when its a standard function? If 'implement', how is it done?

"The availability check is only run until the end of the replenishment lead time"

Again, is this 'run' a manual user process (entering an order) or is it a separate process like batch job run in system?

Lastly, please advise where or how to set the Replenishment lead time. When I check availabilty from within an order screen, it brings me to Availability Control screen where there is a field called "End Lead Time" . But what is the Start of the Lead time and can this lead time be changed manually in the sales order?

Thanks in advance.

regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend

RLT is the sum of

"Purchase Department processing time + Planned delivery time (by vendor) + GR Processing time.

The same concept holds good for the In-house production of a material.

First of all, pls tell me, whether you need Av.Chk to be configured for a single plant or multiple plants?

Global ATP is to be configured for the latter.

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumanth,

I am only trying to understand the basic of Availability check aka ATP.

So, the context would be in a single plant scenario.

Am i right to say, based on my initial question, the documentation is trying to say that ATP is run upto the end of Replenishment lead time?

regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear 4 mits tom..

Yes & No.

There is a control "check w/o RLT". in Av Check control panel.

If you activate that, the av check is does NOT take RLT into consideration.

If you deativate that, it DOES take.

Hope you are clear now...

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Consultant/Systems Analyst - SAP SD/MM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Answering to ur 1 ?

replenishmnt lead time can be found for a material in MM02/MM03 - MRP3 tab page - under Avai. chk. heading - in total rep.lead.time field.

While creating the material in MM01 the field in entered here by material management people.

Hope this solves ur one part of ur query.

Edited by: davidt on Dec 30, 2010 7:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tom,

BY RLT:

RLT is the time taken to produce or bring material from out side.it is based on planned delivery time and inhouse

production time - it will not be implemented but it will there in MRP views in MMR as a part of master data.

this is concept of Production Planning & control Module.

its a part of master data of MMR.

i think you have copied some where in SAP LIABRARY.

I heard from other sources that SAP LIABRARY was first written In GERMAN language and converted the same in ENGLISH Language.

please check and confirm

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may watch this thread

Regards,

K Bharathi