cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress Zero values in Line chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very new to Visual Composer(VC). I am trying to create Line chart in VC and using SAP BI query as Dataservice.

In line chart , If data is not present for a key figure, key value field takes the zero value automatically. Hence, Line for the respective key figure drops to Zero in Chart which is not correct.

Please suggest how can I suppress these zero values in Graph or convert it to null values.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are using SAP BI Query, you can create a condition not equal ZERO for the value filed (Key Figure / Restricted Key Figure / Calculated Key Figure)

Regards,

Ravindranath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use the Expression in that fileds where u need NULL values or just type NULL and try.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried giving NULL in the expression for that field, but I get the below error:

IF(@CY_Orders_value==0,'NULL',@CY_Orders_value)

When i give this in the formula I get the error

'Expected numeric value/Expression'

We also tried giving false in the formula:

IF(@CY_Orders_value==0,false,@CY_Orders_value)

But it returned same error, 'Expected numeric value/Expression'

Please help us on the above.

Roopa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can use Function Code : NSTR(@Field , 2) i think this will work upto two decimals .

if you dont want nothing Compact , NVAL YOu can test ...

Regards ,

venkat p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Even if we supress zero values in query, key fields in the chart will take all the null values as zero.

We also tried NSTR(@CY_Orders_value , 2).

It returns an error like 'Expected numeric value/Expression'.

We converted the string using NVAL but it ended up in returning zero when used in the chart which is not correct.

Please suggest us on the above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have one Key Field in BI Query, Create a condition with not equal to ZERO. This should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have multiple key fields in the BI query, hence we cannot put condition not equal to zero.

Moreover our problem is that in visual composer the key field 'Current_Year_Orders__M__value' is 0 in spite of the key field 'Current_Year_Orders' being null.SInce we have to use the key fields value in the chart, we can take 'Current_Year_Orders__M__value' only in the chart.

Regards

Roopa