cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode printable file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on developing an interface between SAP and non-SAP system which includes the labels printing. These labels will be generated from SAP and have to send to zebra printer through non-SAP system. My requirement is to create a file and save in shared folder. Can anybody suggest how we can achieve this requirement.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

for any ordinary printer if we will try to print it, it show only the code in ZPL2 language,

but i suppose if ur printer is configured with some ZPL2 printing for barcode it will.:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

The issue was finally closed and we are able to print labels with out any issues. Solution was, uploading the starnadard text code into intenal table and filling the values in the variables using field symbols. The file will be sent to printer through FTP..

Note: Remove NEW-PAGE commands and commentary lines from the ZPLII commands, while creating the file.

Thanks & Regards,

Prakash Reddy .S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prakash,

what I supppose in this case u can do is since we get our code for sap-script or sap-smartform in the EDITOR. we can save that code in some form of a file in txt or itf or whichever form is suitable to your interface and then that file can be saved at the server in AL11 or wherever you want it to be .

this file can now be used for printing labels.

Thanks

and A wishful happy new year to you as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok jeet,

I appreciate your help, let me try and will get back to you the result. When i tried this before, the printer is directly printing the code itself on the paper, it may be bacause of incorrect installation of printer too..

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash ,

i need some clarifications from ur side on this.

1). are u going to use sap-scripts for this

2).ur requirement is the code written in this script is to be transferred to non sap system.

3)and then that would be printed.

if ny thing is missed please add clarify,,,so that i an help u out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeet,

Here is the process of printing labels.

1. We have developed a Production Planning Program which has included complete Planning cycle. Previousely all the labels are printing from SAP directly to Zebra printers. Now we the organisation have got a new machine which itself contains its own zebra printers installed in it. The machine will print label and sticks at the same time to the product.

The machine works with .Net fontend and SQL database. Now we are building an interface between SAP and .Net which incldes label printing also. This interface is adding in between our regular transaction, so the data for label printing should go from SAP. We can not directly give print command to the machine's zebra printer, so the only option is saving the label in file in a shared drive. So now at the moment of label print the machine have to search for file which contains data and print.

We dont have print server to load the layout at first itself and merging data.

Thanks.

HAPPY NEW YEAR..