cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM cannot stop J2EE instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to patch Solution ManagerJava but the JSPM tool can't stop the instance.

In STOP_SAPSTARTSRV_01.OUT i found this:

Wrong argument(s) sapstartsrv DVEBMGS10 x10

Usage (Old Style): stopsap [db|r3|j2ee|ccms|all|check|startupsrv] [<instance>] [<virtual hostname>]"

Example: stopsap r3 DVEBGMS00 cic11

However JSPM have stopped all instence but since there are an error message in STOP_SAPSTARTSRV JSPM want go on to the next step.

I'm using JSPM version 7.01.8.0.4 on SuSE 11.

JRE: IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM J9 2.3 Linux amd64-64 j9vmxa64142ifx-20100628 (JIT enabled)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you manually stop the SAP system through SAP MMC and then continue JSPM from where it stopped.

Rgds,

Soujanya

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to patch using SDM and check whether you are getting the same issue.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with SDM as well and run in to several other issues... I don't think its possible to patch java engine via SDM anymore.

However I found one other interesting thing. I downloaded the SPS from installation source, witch is one or two levels bellow the latest released stack and that stack was I able to install.

I just downloaded the latest SPS from marketplace including a new SPSTab.xml but I still can't get JSPM to shutdown my instance successfully.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is therer any clustering in your landscape.

Can you share std_server0.out and dev_server0.out which will get updated hen JSPM will try to stop the system.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In such cases, what you can do is, goto SAP MMC on the host/ OS level and manually stop/start the system. Then continue JSPM. This is a workaround but its ok to do it.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please paste the latest JSPM and std_server0.out logs from ....\JSPM\log and ...\work directories.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Once patching with JSPM ,i have not selected system to stop by JSPM but I have done that manually by myself

Please try that option

Start JSPM ,do not select stop with JSPM ,stop with stopsap and continuw JSPM

Please try this may help

Success!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick answers!

There is no std_server0.out log file in JSPM directory and the one in the work directory doesn't say much more than successfully shutdown and startup.

I can't find any option in JSPM that allows me to manully control the restart of my system. Can you please specify more in detail how to set this option?

BR

Mikael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I do not remember now with which version I worked 2 years back

But what i remember properly is that while finishing JSPM it will do not do proper restart so I did manual resart of engine and JSPM came out saying deplyment successful

Please see if you can do that manually without JSPM directly and what happens

Success!!