cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Credit Check on Open Credit Memos

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have enabled the standard credit check for oldest open items in our risk category config (OVA8). However, apparently this looks at all open items, including credit memos, which we would prefer to ignore. Is there any way to exclude credit memos from the open item check? I'm sure a user exit could be utilized here, but we're trying to avoid additional development.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In t.code VOV7, select the credit item category and go to the details.

Then uncheck the box credit active. By this way, you can exclude the credit memo items from credit check.

If you want to eliminate the credit check on the credit memo request, then in t.code VOV8, make the field check credit limit as blank.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiva, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, this does not solve my issue, as these settings are already in place. It isn't the credit check on credit memos that needs to be disabled, but the inclusion of credit memos when determining open items that are overdue (or beyond the day limit as set in OVA8 for the risk category).

Thanks

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry, I am not clear on your requirement.

Do you want to include the credit memo's in the credit limit or exclude the credit memo from the credit process?

If you want to include then check the box for the item category in VOV7. Then you may need to run update program RVKRED88/RVKRED77 to update the credit values.

If this does not answer your question, could you elaborate a bit more?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try to clarify...

Credit memos are already excluded from the credit check process when these documents are created.

One of the credit checks that we have enabled is the standard "OldestOpenItem" check in the risk category config (OVA8). We are encountering a situation where a new order will be placed on credit block because the associated credit account has an open credit memo item that exceeds the OldestOpenItem setting in the risk category. We would like open credit memos to be excluded from this "OldestOpenItem" check.

Hope this clarifies the issue a bit more.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean credit memo (billing document) or credit memo request (sales document) that is open for a long period of time?

If it is credit memo request, then why don't you use the reason for rejection on the credit memo request that is held for long time.

Once a decision is made, then user can remove the reason for rejection for further processing.

If it is credit memo, then the credit memo can be deleted, and put a reason for rejection on the credit memo request. Then when a decision is made, the reason for rejection can be removed from the credit memo request, then a new credit memo can be created and released to accounting.

Does this make sense?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiva - It has been some time, but this topic has come up again.

The open item I am referring to is the actual credit memo itself, not the request that's created in SD. I was hopeful that this could be handled systematically, as opposed to through a process. However, I have still not found a way to exclude these open credit memo items from the credit check.

Thank you for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adam,

Were you able to find a solution for this? I am facing the same situation of credit memo being an open item, forcing credit check and credit block. Please share your experience.

Thank you,

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am having the same issue. Could you please let me know if you found any solution for this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamsheed, sorry for the late reply. I am not sure if this will be of any help, since you might have found solution already. Credit memos are not included in credit checks. To confirm this, look at the status of the credit block in VKM1. I ran a test to an account with a credit item being the oldest open item and the documents I created was not pushed to the block queue. Run a test and validate for yourself.

Best Regards,

Nathan

Answers (0)