cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDLS or BDLSS after Client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am currently working on two systems ..SRM and ECC 6.0.In SRM and ECC.We have 2 clients 100(Development) and 120(Customizing) in both the systems.We recently did a client copy of production to our development clients and I have one confusion regarding the LOGICLA SYSTEM UPDATE which is one of the madatory steps post client copy.

For the LOGICAL SYSTEM UPDATE,do we need to run the transaction BDLS or BDLSS??What is the difference between these 2 transactins?Also what are the advantages /disadvantages?

My BASIS guy told me that during our client copy,BDLS was automatically run.Surprisingly,although BDLS was run,the logical system entries are not yet updated!

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shival_tailor
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to run BDLSS, which has enhanced functionalities of BDLS. Check the following link out:

[Conversion of Logical Systems|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW04s/helpdata/en/33/c823dbaea911d6b29500508b6b8a93/frameset.htm]

For your question related the difference between BDLS and BDLSS, from the above link:

As of NetWeaver 6.20, SAP provides the option to convert logical systems using a new transaction that is more transparent and easier to use. Transaction BDLS has been used for this purpose until now. This transaction remains unchanged, and is enhanced by the new transaction BDLSS. In contrast to BDLS, in BDLSS logical systems can also be converted remotely in all partner systems.

Regards,

Shival

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to execute BDLS every time you perform system copy and depends on the table entries to be converted you should start this by a test run by providing (/* to zzz..) values there you w'll find the no of entries to be converted and then sort the entries as:

/* to E*

E* to J*

J* to P*

P* to Z*

*Always schedule this activity in background and check the job from SM37 this job will generate the spool request which is having the conversion details.

The above experience is from BDLS I have never executed BDLSS which is an enhanced version of BDLSS with additional options and I think just as a suggestion first you start learning conversion on BDLS then BDLSS.

Thanks,

Salim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This should help:

BDLS should be run I guess, would not be run automatically.

Regards,

Srikishan