cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Item Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

An Item category is configured in SPRO to a Sales Doc Type , Item category group etc.

What I hope to find out is what happens if in a sales document, like a sales order, I enter a material item whose assigned item category is not configured in SPRO for this sales doc type?

I like to confirm that the user will not be allowed to save or create this doc or error message produced.

Thank you.

Sincerely

Bass

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bass,

Item Category is the key field in the sales documents, it performs several functions like pricing, shipping, billing etc... hence item category is key in any sales document.

If you have not maintained the item category determination in customizing, the sales order will be display an error message as soon as you key in product and press enter.

Regards

Raj

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You will get an error message and can not save sales order.

thx

Dilip Sadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bass

if you do the same

you will getting an error called

AN ITEM CATEGORY IS NOT MAINTAINED FOR OR XXXX 0184

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear..

It is not possible to configure the sales order with out item category.

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not possible to create a sales order without item category being configured. U might be using the standard or copying them. If you are creating your own, then u cant complete a sales order.

Warm regards,

Sarat

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can just do a simple testing by removing/changing the item category group in the material master-sales view2 and then create the sales order with that item. The system will provide hard error and will inform you to maintain the item category.

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
what happens if in a sales document
item category is not configured in SPRO for this sales doc type?

You cannot save the sale order. In fact, once you key in the material code and hit the enter key, system will automatically propose the default item category had you maintained in VOV4. If not, you cannot proceed further.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi