Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Copy of a contract/po webdynpro issue

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all gurus,

in SRM 7, my requirement is to check when a new document (contract or purchase order) satisfies certain conditions w.r.t. the user that is currently trying to access it; the user should belong to the same purchase unit of the document, otherwise an error message should prompt immediately saying that "the user cannot modify the document". (off course, in this case also related buttons for modifications are disabled). This message is a persistent one, so it remains on the message top even if the user navigate (in display mode) the document.

I tried to do that enhancing WDDOINIT and it works. I tried also a post-exit of WDDOMODIFYVIEW when FIRST_TIME = 'X': it worked too. The two alternatives seems to be equivalent. BUT... there's a problem when the user tries to copy the document.

When the document is copied, the copy has the purchase unit set by default to the value of the user.

So, a new check should be done and the message should not appear anymore.

But when a copy (which is standard) is done, how can I understand it in WDDOMODIFYVIEW or in WDDOINIT?

I hoped to get a FIRST_TIME = 'X' again, but that's not the case.... FIRST_TIME is blank after the copy's done.

Waiting for your help and suggestions,

best regards

Matteo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved with a workaround.