SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDM - Error in Generation of Settlemet Units

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a settlement unit and want to generate it. But I get the following error:

Settlement unit Z_GRD14 cannot be generated

Message no. EEDMSET055

Diagnosis

Services already exist for the service providers allocated to settlement unit ZEA_GRD14.

In this case, you can only generate those settlement units with service providers for which services do not already exist in the system.

Services are necessary for PoD selection, but at the same time it prevents Settlement unit generation. Generation is also necessary for settlement run. This feels like a catch 22 situation.

Any help is appreciated on resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Kunal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you run transaction EEDM_SETTLUNIT_GEN (report REEDMUISETTLUNITGENERATE) with the options 'Generate' and 'Generate Settlement Units Despite Errors' checked and the rest unchecked? Also you would have to specify the maximum number of errors allowed. Set this to 9999 or so to generate despite errors.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you run transaction EEDM_SETTLUNIT_GEN (report REEDMUISETTLUNITGENERATE) with the options 'Generate' and 'Generate Settlement Units Despite Errors' checked and the rest unchecked? Also you would have to specify the maximum number of errors allowed. Set this to 9999 or so to generate despite errors.

0 Kudos

Hi Evolderen,

When I ran that transaction as mentioed by you, I get the following message and the units do not get generated :

'Generating settlement units can entail very long runtimes

Message no. EEDMSET032'

Please advise.

Thanks,

Kunal.

0 Kudos

That is just a warning, hit Enter to pass it.

You will get it 3 times so you will have to press Enter 3 times and then the job will start.

0 Kudos

Hi Evolderen,

That solved my problem. But I have another one with subject :

Configuration required for creating Non-billable services automatically.

Please let me know if you have an answer.

Thanks,

Kunal.