cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 7.20 for 64-bit Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a 64-bit Windows 7 Professional PC and would like to install SAP GUI for Windows 7.20.

I found SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.20 CORE (50102369_4).

I noticed 50102369_4 is listed as " WIN32" when I click on the "Info File".

Is there a 64-bit version of SAP GUI 7.20?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using a Dell Latitude E5450 with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.  The 32-bit SAP GUI client is working fine except printing.  The printing always get stuck in spooling.  Hard copy printing is working.  Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately no, there is not a 64bit version of the SAP GUI.

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

but, I can install the win32 version in a windows 7 x64 version without a problem???

Is there any date for native support for sapgui x64?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

You can install SAP GUI (32bit) onto a 64bit Windows 7 machine.

It will place the install path to the Program Files x86 directory of the main drive.

Currently I do not believe that there are plans for a 64bit version.

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed SAP GUI 720 v3 for windows successfully on my Windows 7 64 bit Professional. No issues on connection.

Maaz Amin

matthias_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

in note 1442028 i found a note for a 64 bit version of a sap gui:

SAP plans to create a 64bit version of SAP GUI for Windows that will be compatible with Office 2010 64bit. However since the effort required to create such a version is very high the expectation is that this version might be available in 2013.

Additional informations can be found in note 66971:

Until a 64bit version is available you can use the standard SAP GUI for Windows 32bit version on 64bit operating systems (given you are using the SAP GUI versions, operating system versions and hardware specified in the list above).

Kind regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amin,

Could you please tell me how did you get this for windows 64bit?

I am also planning to get it ..help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no 64-bit version of SAP GUI. SAP GUI 7.40 is scheduled to be released to customers in August 2014 but according to SAP sources there won't be a 64-bit version, at least not at launch. SAP GUI 7.30 supports 64-bit Microsoft Office.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Kaski,

Here everything is working fine in my laptop...but my BEX analyzer is not working as expected..

And right now i have ms office 2010 installed in it.So is there any alternate for this please 😕

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a new discussion thread and share all relevant information (software versions, screenshots, etc.). People can't help if they don't know what the problem is, "not working as expected" isn't very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaski,

I mean,except the bex analyzer everything is working good...

When i open any workbook in bex analyzer i was getting the error.pfb screen shot for the reference,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to have SAP GUI 7.30 patch level 7 or newer, see SAP note 1442028 for details. Actually now that I read the SAP note myself it is clearly stated that BEx requires 32-bit Microsoft Office, no way around it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much for the information.

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, then what about this statement:

Please read the exceptions:

¹ MS Office 2010 64-Bit-Edition will be supported with SAP GUI 64-Bit-Edition.

(found in the compatibility matrix)

However, they don't mention any details of this "SAP GUI 64-Bit-Edition"?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raf,

Even i have looked into it..So i have raised my concern here..But even SAP also said that,It works only for 32BIT not for 64bit for the bex tools.

So now i am planning to degrade my OS to work with 32 bit GUI only.

Please guide me if i am wrong here...

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's because there is no 64-bit SAP GUI. From SAP note 66971:

Currently there is no separate SAP GUI version for 64bit operating systems. However, due to the limitations mentioned in SAP Note 1442028, SAP currently evaluating the creation and delivery of a 64-bit version of SAP GUI for Windows (x64). This note will be updated once a development plan and shipment schedule have been determined. Due to the huge effort associated with creating such a version, a 64-bit version of SAP GUI for Windows will not be available until 2016 at the earliest.

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well, they should be consistent then

OSS 66971 (version 143 as of 22/4/2014) talks about 2016 the earliest

OSS 1442028 (version 9 as of 28/11/2013) talks about 2015

OSS 1652769 (version 16 as of 20/03/2014) refers to the product matrix (SAP NetWeaver BI Business Explorer | SCN) which just states "MS Office 2010 64-Bit-Edition will be supported with SAP GUI 64-Bit-Edition." which gives you (at least me) the impression that such a version exists

no wonder people get confused

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prashanth,

I don't think you need to degrade your OS.  SAPGUI works fine in 64-bit Windows 7.  I believe it is the 64-bit MS Office that it's having issues with.  You may need to reinstall 32-bit Office, but you can keep 64-bit Windows.  In fact, unless you do large scientific operations requiring truly huge spreadsheets in Excel, there is no reason nor advantage, and some significant disadvantages, to using 64-bit Office.  Microsoft does not recommend it for the typical scenario.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raf/Matt,

Thanks for the info again,

I'lll try to degrade the `ms office to 32 bit and check..I'll update you all by checking once it is done..

Thanks,

Prasanth.M