cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablespaces are 100% full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our SAP ECC 6.0 system 3 tablespaces are full. ( 100% used ) but file settings for these tablespaces is AUTO Extend ON .( oracle version is 10.2.0 )

We have sufficient space at file system level.

Please suggest:

1. Should I have to add files to those tablespaces or no need ?

2. Shall I change file settings from Auto Extend On to Off at any time with SQL or BRtools?

Thanks & Regards,

Veera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have asked same query but in different way, please avoid. See below your oringal query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Both queries are looks like same but there is a small difference.

My exact query is:

If tablespaces are 100% full ( file settings are auto extend on )

1. One of my BASIS colleague suggested to add 4gb space to existing datafile ? How can I extend 4GB space to a data file which is autoextend ON?

2. If tablespace are 100% ( file settings are auto extend on ) full will it effect on performance.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>1. One of my BASIS colleague suggested to add 4gb space to existing datafile ? How can I extend 4GB space to a data file which is autoextend ON?

Autoextend on / off has advantage and disadvantages.

You datafile automatically extended as the data grow. But you need to make sure the disk has sufficient freespace. Also make sure your tablespaces not growing fastly.

What's you monthly DB growth. If below 10 GB then I suggest you can swith off autoextend and add 32 GB datafile and add more space as you need in future. This way you will have control on your DB growth and also filesystem (disk)

Both option requires monitoring of your DB and filesystems.

>>2. If tablespace are 100% ( file settings are auto extend on ) full will it effect on performance.

There is no performance impact but depends how much size you are extending you datafile by. If you extened you db by less than 1GB or so you may have some performance issue.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.