Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFCG Role Upload Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are performing an upgrade from SAP 46C to ECC 6.0 and I download one Role from PFCG (46C).

I use a sandbox system ECC 6.0 for testing PFCG Upload but I obtain the popup message:

Incorrect release; see long text

Incorrect release; see long text

Message no. S#388

Diagnosis

The system release does not match the release in which the role was saved to the file.

Main Program: SAPLSHL2

Any ideas???

Thanks,

GB

7 REPLIES 7

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GB,

On downloaded file in 2nd line you can see the release after opening the file in text format. You may change this and try upload.

Edited : Also watch for the client number. If different then simple replace might overwrite many other 3 digit number in the file. Then a lot of manual work is ahead.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Edited by: P Arpan on Dec 29, 2010 5:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During an upgrade, you doesn't require to download and upload roles. What is your intention behind this activity? Please explain in detailed.

Rgds,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best approach would be copy roles from 4.6C system into a 4.6C sandbox system and then upgrade the 4.6C sandbox system into 6.0. This method will ensure a consistent conversion of the 4.6 profiles and objects to ECC 6.0.

You can run SU25 after the upgrade to update your roles to include new auth objects/field/values/transactions of ECC 6.0 and also remove 4.6 C auth objects that are no longer in use.

This approach will definitely save lot of manual effort to upload roles into new ECC6.0 system and avoid any inconsistencies/ authorization errors in the upgraded system.

You can easily search this forum for more information on SU25

[;

Hope this helps!

Sandipan

0 Kudos

The roles to upgrade are many (3500) end I would to know which is the best practice to carry on this task.

First the basis team has performed the system upgrade. During the techinical upgrade many roles changed so we have to migrate all them now and after perform the SU25 steps (2A,2B,2C,2D).

It's better approach:

1.mass download from PFCG (46C) and upload in ECC 6.0

2.putting roles into CR and copy cofile and datafile

The ECC has Release 701 level 0007.

Just for info: I try to upload the same file from 46C into another ECC 6.0 system (Release 700 level 0014) and it works fine. Perhaps it may be depends on Sandbox??

Method 1 have the issue I told before.

Thanks,

GB

0 Kudos

Hi GB,

Main Program: SAPLSHL2

This program seems to be related to some language settings. I hope the ECC system that you are using has unicode enabled and hence experiencing the error.

May be just a hint to look at the unicode options

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

I think your ECC 6.0 is unicoded while the 4.6c isn't.

Try uploading your roles into ECC6.0 with input parameter as (Default -UTF8 for unicode systems) ( dropdown list below 'file name' and 'file type' in the pop window where you specify the path of the downloaded role file in PFCG)

The upload should work!

Sandipan

0 Kudos

In System -> Status I read:

Unicode Syst: NO

So I can upload Rolse only if the ECC 6 is Unicode???

but the 46C system is also Not Unicode.

which means?

Thanks.