Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount based on line item qty's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have two questions :-

1 ) We have three line items in sales order with three different material as follows :-

Material A for qty 10

Material B for qty 20

Material C for qty 70

Now we want to base our %discount to customer based on the proportionate individual qty's of above three materials.

I think we need to define a discount condition let's say ZDIS which will be be a header manual conditon and we define it as a group condition and there will be no condition record for ZDIS and we need to attach an "alt cond base value formula" to ZDIS in the pricing procedure. Is my line of thinking correct and what we need to code in alt cond base value ? I mean how will the conditon amount of ZDIS will be distributed based on line item qty's.....How will the system distribute discount techinally(in theory it looks easy on reading a book) ?

2) Can an item condition be a group condition. If yes,then if there are three materials in sales order, then do we need to create condition record for all the materials for this item condition which is a group condition ? How will alt cond base formula be coded can someone explain the functionality of item condition which is a group condition by means of an exampl pls so that it is more clear ?

request you to pls answer questions separately

regards

Pamela

Edited by: Pamela79 on Dec 29, 2010 12:01 PM

Edited by: Pamela79 on Dec 29, 2010 12:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pamela,

1.you can use header condition type which proportionately divides the % if discount according to the materials ordered in sales order.

HB00 - header as well as group condition.

the system distributes the amount proportionally among the various items, in this case, according to value of the items. In the example, the absolute discount of USD 90 is distributed proportionally among the items. The total condition value for the document is USD 90.

COURTESY : SAP LIABRARY EXAMPLE.

no need to add any routines for the same.

2. no, i think so. i refered to plenty of condition types here in SAP. but none is meeting your requriment.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/de/7a8534c960a134e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/de/7a8534c960a134e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

balajia