cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION, HTTP 500 Internal Server Error, in Receiver soap A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings All,

In my scenario i am calling external service of SFDC using receiver soap adapter but i am facing below error in the response.

ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION, HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

I am creating the soap structure/envelope using Java mapping since need to add additional parameter in soap header.

I am setting the URL in java UDF using parameter TServerLocation.

In comm channel checked "do not use soap envlope" also set the format to text/xml using MessageTransformBean.

The service was working fine when tested in SoapUI tool.

Looking forword for your help and will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It may also be a need to provide 'nosoap=true' property in URL.

-

Srikanth Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandip, I hope you are doing fine!

I`m not sure if you are using a sync or async scenario...

The behavior that you describe is the expected behavior for SOAP receiver adapter in nosoap mode, asynchronous case.

The explanation that lies behind it is that in nosoap mode the bahavior is just similar to pure HTTP communication. An HTTP 4/5 error received from the target server is treated as HTTP internal error and logged into AFW as an error. The message in an asynchronous scenario without acknowledgements is normally seen as successful on IE side as it is successfully sent to the target system. It can be even successfully consumed by the target webservice, but for amo other reason, the HTTP request from SAP PI to the target system returns HTTP 500 error.

If you ask for system delivery acknowledgements, you should get a non-successful delivery acknowledgement.

In synchrnous scenarios, when a response is expected, the behavior is different.

If this is a sync scenario, there is an official patch released on the service marketplace. SAP Note 1533195 is released.

In addition to deploying the patch, apply the additional configuration steps. As per this note, for the default module

sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter/XISOAPAdapterBean

you will need to set:

Module Key = soap

Parameter Name = noSOAPMakeSysErrFromResponseFault

Parameter Value = false

If you need to bypass the HTTP errors in the communication with the target system, you need to apply note 1055678.

To apply it, just add for the default module

sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter/XISOAPAdapterBean in your receiver

channel, Modules tab the following:

Module Key = soap

Parameter Name = XMBWS.NoSOAPIgnoreStatusCode

Parameter Value = false

If you need any SOAP fault related behavior or any other SOAP related feature, you should setup the channel to run normal SOAP mode, since as already mentioned nosoap mode is used now.

In addition, check note:

856597 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 SOAP Adapter

section "1. Sender Connection"

"

Q: I get a server error "500 Internal Servler Error" from the

adapter's servlet. What went wrong?

"

and get the trace to give you more details of the error.

One more thing, VERY IMPORTANT.

I STRONLGY recommend you to update all XI-PI components to latest patch available in the Service Marketplace. Thery are:

XITOOLS, XIESR, XIAF, XIAFC, MESSAGING, XIGUI. Some of them might not be present depending on the release of you system. e.g: 3.0, 7.0, 7.1

I hope this helps you.

Cheers

Jorge Eidelwein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

I have exactly same scenario.

PROXY to SOAP webservice:

We found that the request is successfully hitting the webservice. We confirmed from the thirdparty. And they said that they are also sending a proper response. However the response message is failing in MONI with 500 internal Server error. Also there is no payload.

We implemented the note mentioned above. It did not work.

Applied the below parameter in the module configuration tab to allow the adapter engine pass the error..

XMBWS.NoSOAPIgnoreStatusCode -- true

Now it is successfull in the adapter engine but failing inthe Integration Engine with the same error.

Nothing is coming into PI. There is no payload. In moni as well as in the RWB.

I am using the WSDL given by the third party guys for my response mapping.

Please guide me on how to capture the payload.

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

If this channel is working with SoapUI tool then this problem could be at receiver webserver hosting the webservice.

You may contact the receiver system for checking out if they have problem at their end.

Also, have a look at SAP Notes: 804124, 807000

-Rahul