Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving external pdf documents in IXOS

frederic_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I wrote an home made application to manage links between SAP and external systems. In this application I've a document number which corresponds to a pdf document I received on a windows file server.

I'm receiving hundreds of pdf documents per day from these external systems and I want to archive them in IXOS from an ABAP program.

I wrote a program to do this using these standard functions :

ARCHIV_CONNECTDEFINITION_GET to get the archive parameters

ALINK_DOCUMENTS_CREATE_DIALOG to upload the PDF file and send it to IXOS

ARCHIV_CONNECTION_INSERT to create the link in SAP

this works perfectly.... in forground.

The function ALINK_DOCUMENTS_CREATE_DIALOG does not work in background.

I absolutly need to create a job to do this archiving because I get about 2000 - 3000 documents per day

Does somebody have a solution for this ?

I looked around in this forum and in SAP but I didn' find a solution at the moment

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As i understand with your question - You have to archive the incoming documents which are in PDF format and link it with SAP business document.

If so, then you can achieve by using OpenText Document Pipeline functionality.

Below are the steps need to be performed:

1. For each incoming document there should be control files which is essential for the IXOS job to archive and send the updates to the SAP

- You can refer to OpenText Document Pipeline for the attributes of control file

2. Schedule EXR3 job - agument the exchange directory - where your incoming document with control file are located

Pre-requisites are - ArchiveLink configuration should be defined in SAP.

In this way you can archive the incoming documents to link to SAP transaction data.

You can see the archived information in table TOA0* and also in respective SAP transaction data using GOS service you can display the document.

Hope this will help.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

Are these documents stored in SAP DMS? if yes, then you can use t-code SARA for archiving these document and before doing this ensure that the deletion indicator is set for these documents.

IF these document are not stored in SAP DMS then you can take help from expert Abap'r and write a programe for deleting these documents in background.

Hoep this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

frederic_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

yes my documents are stored in DMS.

My Home made application calls the archiving functions described above by sending some data to create the archive key.

We created an archive repository and did the configuration with the SARA transaction.

If I do the archiving directly with SARA I will lose the link between the archived documents and the data in my home made application because I'll not knowb the archive key...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

Right! if you archive from here then the link will be lossed. But if you do not have a constraint of volume then just make the document status as archived and keep the documents in SAP DMS server itself. This can solve your purpose.

Regards,

Ravindra

frederic_r
Participant
0 Kudos

No I need to archive them and to keep the access to them because these are legal document, and we need to keep the accessible 10 years.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

By time i post my earlier message - the discussion went to DMS area...

If you have attached the documents in SAP DMS then you can archive DMS info records in SARA. This will not break archive link between DMS info record and its attachment PDF document.

The archiveLink for these DMS documents are stored in table DMS_PH_CD1 these table is not be disturbed upon archiving info records.

-Thanks,

Ajay

frederic_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just to answer myself in case other persons have the same issue : Instead of using the 3 functions described above,

just call ths function ARCHIV_CREATE_FILE. It does everything and it is executable in batch mode.

regards