cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ploblems with DBUA in a upgrade to 10.2.0.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all.

Now I'm upgrading a Oracle from 9.2.6 to 10.2.0.2 running in a HP-UX Itanium2. This Database is for the new SAP ECC6.0. Now I have a problems with de DBUA (Database Ugrade Assistant). At first, this application let me choose the old ORACLE_HOME to be upgraded. After that, DBUA say to me "Database no mounted" but the database is mounted. I have seen the log trace.log generated by the DBUA application and in one point says "SELECT VALUE FROM V$PARAMETER where name='db_unique_name' No db_unique_name found". I have connected to the database with SYSDBA and perform this same query and return a valid value. At the first of the DBUA, I have connected with SYSTEM userid but I think that this is wrong. I'm not be able to do that DBUA ask me for the userid another time. Could be that DBUA save the userid and not ask me never more? I think that my problem could be that DBUA is accessing to the Database with SYSTEM userid.

Can you help me

Thanks in advance....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

albert_vivesleal
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have tested first with this entry in oratab

FLN:/oracle/FLN/102_64:N

and later with :

*:/oracle/FLN/920_64:N

But it doesn't work.

I have read in this forum that I can substitute the dbua by the catupgrs.sql script.

It worked fine. The upgrade was ok but I put a customer message to SAP and they told me this procedure is not supported by SAP.

Thanks

albert_vivesleal
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have got the same problem , same server, same o.s .

If the problem was solved, I would like very much to know how you did.

Albe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you check /etc/oratab file?

Is this correct? I.e.....

1. Make sure that the oratab file contains the following entry:
<DBSID>:<old_ORACLE_HOME>:N
Where old_ORACLE_HOME stands for the path to the old oracle software installation.
Example
The entry for a system with a <DBSID> equal to C11 is as follows:
C11:/oracle/C11/920_64:N.

Regards,

FF