cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound deluvery with HU

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am quite new to HUM so i would like to ask few question to understand it better

Material X needs to be packed in material Y

should I create PO with these 2 material ?

while creating inbound delivery I know how to pack this material X in Material Y.

question:from where the stock of material Y (packaging) will come . Do I have to upload its stock in system but with reference to which document . should I procure this ?

step2 I need to store this Material X once packed in Material Y.

in a storage location Z002 which is warehouse managed and its also HUM active and it needs to be stored in pallet storage type which is active for storage unit managaet also.

Step3: when I am doing inbound delivery I am putting the sloc for material X as Z002 which is WM managed and HU managed

but for packaging material if i put Z002 then system does not accepts it?

Please tell what should be the right way.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. For your Packing Material You must create a PO if it is not created inhouse.

2. For your last question I think You have to maintain the Storage Location Goods Receipt for EP same as that of Material X

Also you need to extend the Material Master for that Storage Location. In customizing there should a Partner Storage Location maintained for Your Storage Location Z002 (This is mandatory if the HU requirement is mandatory for WM )

Hope it helps you!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material X needs to be packed in material Y

should I create PO with these 2 material ?

*It is not neccasry to create PO with two line items., as your main item X is already in the PO.*

while creating inbound delivery I know how to pack this material X in Material Y.

question:from where the stock of material Y (packaging) will come . Do I have to upload its stock in system but with reference to which document . should I procure this ?

If you are procuring the packing material from external vendor, you have to maintain storage location views for the packing material. You have specify and maintain proper storage location settings in MMSC. Also material master and material type (VERP) should be used.

step2 I need to store this Material X once packed in Material Y.

in a storage location Z002 which is warehouse managed and its also HUM active and it needs to be stored in pallet storage type which is active for storage unit managaet also.

To keep and store the material pallet wise, please maintain the customizing settings for the respective storage type and warehouse number combination

Step3: when I am doing inbound delivery I am putting the sloc for material X as Z002 which is WM managed and HU managed

but for packaging material if i put Z002 then system does not accepts it?

If you have maintained the storage location views with correct material type as discussed above, you will not face the erro message for packing materail related to storage location.

Br,

Tushar

Edited by: Tushar Patankar on Dec 29, 2010 6:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for your reply.

even if i maintain the sloc views still i will not be able to putaway the packaging material in HU managed sloc cause this sloc stores only the HU units where as for the Packaging material the delivery item catergory comes as ELP which does not allows it to be stored in HU sloc

and i have also check that in ELP the movement type if 501 which means that its a gr w/o PO for the packaging materail.

anyways the problem is dont have exposure to the business where in the use this HU yo be seen

so its me wondring around in the system and study mateiral ..................