Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI and Webservices

former_member954801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

So far we were using Webservices to exchange data between SAP CRM (SOAMANAGER) and non sap systems. Currently we are implementing SAP MDM and master data exchange will take place between SAP MDM and SAP CRM. I would like to know the difference between SAP PI middleware (also can be used for non sap) and Webservices followed?

Thanks,

Bob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

we can integrate two systems without any middleware if both systems supporting web service calls, in your case you have done that previosly , i mean integrating third party and CRM.

if you want to integrate SAP MDM and CRM you can go with web services integration withpout middleware, but i am not sure SAP MDM supports web service calls, if yes you dont require middleware,else you have to go with middlware like SAP PI.

Midleware offers monitoring,error handing,reprocessing and many more adavantages.

Regards,

Raj

former_member954801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your comment, exactly I am looking for answer as you queried ' but i am not sure SAP MDM supports web service calls'.

Looking forward more comments.

Br, Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

It looks MDM does support Web service calls.

Please take a look at this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/45/018c03166a0486e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Jorge Eidelwein

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

As both the system are SAP, it is always better to use SAP PI for the communication as SAP PI can use the standard contents provided for SAP MDM/ CRM which will minimise the development effort and also provides isolation between two systems and hence making them loosly coupled.

Also in case of Mass upload into SAP MDM/ send data to some other SAP/non SAP system through file transport SAP PI will play significant role.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

former_member954801
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.