cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New QM implementation - results migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We will go live with SAP QM within a month. The system is set up and working fine and we are in the master data migration phase. We must however also migrate al the results from the old QC-system to SAP QM for al the batches on the storage to be able to print certificates.

Can anyone guide me to the best way of doing this?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There can be various Ideas........Like you can first create the batches ( depending upon the internal number assignment or external number assignment) then create the class char & put them in the batches.Now update the class char/ Enter results using BDC or lsmw

Refer

This is my opinion

Former Member
0 Kudos

True. Unfortunately we donu2019t use batch class char for various reasons and can not do this one time just for migration. I think we need to get the results in the u201Cnormalu201D (results recording) way so we can use the normal way of printing CoA and so on.

More ideas?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am assuming we are talking about batches in inventory. You want to make sure that when you load the inventory, you have inspections plans for your 0800 inspection type. In the QM plant config you'll find the field InspTypeForInspStock. Read the help on this, it will help you.

Basically, you keep QM off during your load. Load the existing inventory into QM first! Then activate 04 inspections ( or any other insp type you plan on using), using QA08. Any inventory currently in QI at the time will be assigned to a new 0800 inspection lot. Results are then recorded against this inspection lot like any other lot. If you need a special inspection type for producing certs, use that inspection type in the plant configuration instead of 0800.

I would then recommend you create an LSMW or ABAP to record the results against the newly created inspection lots. Then run a collective UD or Auto Ud on these lots to post to unrestricted stock. If you have less than 1 or 2 thousand of these, you might just want to hire a temp to input the results. A good keyboarder could probably do 2-3 hundred a day. It will cost less than the development in all likelihood.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you al for your input. Good info in the "Inspection Type for Available Stock in Quality Inspection". However I solved it without using Q-stock.

I did a inspection plan with al excisting MICs and created (via LSMW) one inspection lot for al migrated batches. Then results recording via QE73 (via LSMW) and then UD (via LSMW).

Closing the issue.

Answers (0)