Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IACu00B4s in Customer Namespace

former_member188973
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am running a problem migration IAC´s in Customer Namespace and external ITS to internal ITS.

Example:

In our SAP 4.7.1 we have IAC Services called /abc/xyz (/abc/ is our customer namespace registered at SAP). While publishing to external ITS the slash (/) is converted to Tilde (~) because slash has a different meaning in URL´s of course. So now I want to publish my IAC´s in ECC 6.0 using TA SE80 and publish to internal. The system tells me success but no service is created in ICF. I can´t even create a service /abc/xyz nor abcxyz in ICF by hand because of the special characters / and ~.

So please can anyone tell me how to create my services in ICF?

Kind regards

Roman Becker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

you have to create ICF services for these ITS services. Publishing just publishes tempates and mimes from SE80 to integrated ITS but don't create service entries in the ICF. Please read the document "Migration of Existing ITS Services" below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/54/4d9993c6592941a407313a6763575c/frameset.htm

for how to create an ICF service for integrated ITS.

Best regards,

Klaus

former_member188973
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

thanks for the answer. I am not able to create a service with special characters. The service name in SE80 is /abc/xyz what i is the corresponding name in ICF? Creating a serivce /abc/xyz in icf is not possible due to system error message "No special characters allowed in servicename".

Any solutions?

Best regards

Roman

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

I am not an namespace expert, but as far as I know namespaces are reflected in the ICF tree by additional nodes in the hierachy. Lets look at BSP or ITS services: below /sap/bc/gui or /sap/bc/bsp you find the "sap" namespace node. Beside this node you should create your own namespace if you bought a namespace from SAP. In case of an ITS service this would be in your example /sap/bc/gui/abc/xyz or if you want to do it as SAP for its own ITS services /sap/bc/gui/abc/its/xyz. As far as I know there is currently no protection of namespaces implemented in the ICF as they are known from other SAP development tools. So someone could hijack your namespace in the ICF which could lead to a name clash.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

have you found a solution for this problem ? I'm having the same problem as you had and can't find an answer. My service in SE80 is searching for an service http://servername:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/-Namespace-Servicename/! which I cant create in SICF !

Thanks in advance,

Lisbeth

former_member188973
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lisbet,

try to set the ~sources parameter to your SE80 Service in the Namespace. This worked for me.

Kind regards

Roman