cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing after assigning batch(es)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I need to automatically pack my goods after batch assignment.

The problem is that in the delivery the automatic packing seem to be performed at delivery creation. I have programmed a requirement so that automatic packing is not performed unless picking status is "C" (fully picked) for the delivery. The batch assignment is done in the WM transfer order. Unfortunately, the requirement only prevents the automatic packing at delivery creation and the function does not seem to be called at all in change mode or att status update in background (when confirming a transfer order for the delivery).

An other option would be to pack in the transfer order. Here I can get the correct number of handling units created but I only get on total libne item (with the total quantity) in the transfer order. The line item will be assigned to the first created handling unit created. But if the quantiy is too large to fit into one handling unit, it is not possible to confirm the TO without first manually split the TO line item and assign the new item(s) to handling units not already fully packed. I would like this process to be fully automatic. Any ideas on how to solve the problem either in the delivery or in the transfer order?

Best regards

/Björn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem. Solved it by adding the following perform call in the userexit

MV50AFZ1 SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE:

PERFORM AUTOMATIC_PACKING_DELIVERY using xlikp.

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As far as I know, the so-called 'automatically' packing only occurs when creating delivery. What do you mean about hte 'automac packing' in change mode? Do you mean that user goto packing screen and click 'automatic packing' manually?

BTW: I tested in our internal systme just now. The requirement routine is called in VL02n too.

Regards,

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry!

What I mean is that I woyuöld like the system to automatically pack my items as soon as my requirements are fulfilled. But the automatic packing is only executed at creation. In the best scenario I would like the packing to be triggered as soon as the overall picking status is set to complete for the delivery just by looking at some kind of change pointer. If change pointers are not possible then if I run VL02N after picking is performed, the automatic packing should find the overall picking status as "complete" and then automatically pack the items.

I have tried to pack in the WM transfer order as well but the TO quantityis not split into several items and therefore it is not possible to pack automatically. I have not found any way to split thhe item into several in user exits either even if trhere are some hints that it should be possible.

I have

BR

/Björn

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not possible in standard r/3. As I mentioned, in standard, auto-packing only happens when creation.

Is the storage location HU-managed? Is batch a sensitive information for your HU?

If it's not HU-managed storage location, you can set TVLP-CHHPV. By flagging this indicator, you can pack the material without batch....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

batch is really essential and must be available on all items. Otherwise the standard automatic packing at the delivery creation would work and I would not search for a solution The batch is assigned at picking (in this case when creating and confirming the transfer order).

Btw the storage location is not HUM. I have tried to use picking HU but ffailed to get it to work for greated quantities than one HU could carry. I get the correct number of HUs created in the transfer order but ionly one item with the total quantity and one of the HUs assigned. One example: I have pallets that carry 800 kg. My delivery has a quantity of 1200 kg (i e 1,5 pallets). I will get one TO line with quantity 1200 and two HUs (one for each pallet) which is correct. The first HU is assigned to the TO line item which then has an overload of 400 kg. To be able to cionfirm the TO I need to manually split the TO line into two, one with 800 kg with the first HU assigned and one with 400 kg and the second HU assigned.

I am almost ready to give up this "dream" and the users will have to manually pack the items by going into packing after TO is confirmed and then press the pack button.

BR

/Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you been able to come up with a solution? I have the same problem and couldn't find anything in the standard system...