Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release for CTS transport - Change list

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am asked by the client team to create Transport Request for ID objects. As per CTS+ configuration guide, I should be releasing Change List for CTS Transport.

Is this mandatory? I have many change lists and some have objects which need to be transported and also not to be transported.

What should I do? Is there any other way available?

~Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am asked by the client team to create Transport Request for ID objects. As per CTS+ configuration guide, I should be releasing Change List for CTS Transport.

> Is this mandatory?

Yes. It is mandantory to release all changelists with objects to be transported.

But you can release a change list partially, that means you only release the objects which should be transported.

The other objects will be pushed to another open changelist.

You cannot transport objects which are not released.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am asked by the client team to create Transport Request for ID objects. As per CTS+ configuration guide, I should be releasing Change List for CTS Transport.

Is this mandatory? I have many change lists and some have objects which need to be transported and also not to be transported.

What should I do? Is there any other way available?

~Thanks

Hi

Are you transporting individual ID object of the scenarios ?

Thanks

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think it is required to release the change lists.

You can transport the required ID objects by using Export option and selecting "Transport as CTS" as the Mode.

You can also create a single transport request for all the exported ID objects or

create different transport requests depending upon folder name or scenarios or objects for transporting the ID objects.

-Rahul

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Rahul: Let me check with the client team on how they want it to be done; better it not be change list-way

mehtabhi2007: I have to transport many ID objects. Planning to select Objects of a Folder option as I have created folders and the objects are included under the folders.

One doubt:

I have defined folder structure like:

Parent_Folder

-Child_Folder

--receiver & interface determinations, sender & receiver agreements, configuration scenarios.

Now should i just select Parent_Folder from the objects list or do I have to select the individual Child_Folders also ?

~Thanks

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you can select the Parent Folder and Export it.

You will receive the option as "All objects of the selected folders".

Once you have transported the folder, you can cross check the objects by

Checking in ID>Tools>Find Transports.

Open the Transported object having Type as CTS and check the Tab Transported Obejcts.

You will all the objects which are transported.

-Rahul

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Let me check on this and I will get back with the results (may take some time)

~Thanks.

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi abhishek,

when transporting with option "All objects of selected folder" just mention the parent folder in the export list.. make sure the objects which you are transporting not present in the target system's change list. If objects to be transported are already in target system change list your deployement will be failed.

-Balaji

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> mehtabhi2007: I have to transport many ID objects. Planning to select Objects of a Folder option as I have created folders and the objects are included under the folders.

I recommend to transport objects based on Configation Scenario.

You can have objects in different Configuration Scenarios, but not in different folders.

When you transport based on folders, you might miss parts of the scenario.

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

->Yes. It is mandantory to release all changelists with objects to be transported.

Ok. Actually I have around 100 changelists and thought that it can be done by other option also (Tools - Export Objects).

One thing to ask, suppose if I have changed an Interface Determination quite a few times (so that I have multiple change lists), it is very time consuming to check each and every changelist and then decide which one to release. So if I just select all the ChangeLists for Release will that cause an issue (only the latest Interface Determination should get reflected in QA system).

-->I recommend to transport objects based on Configation Scenario.

Ok will do this option. So if I make use of the Configuration Scenario option will the folders also get transported? Because my Configuration Scenarios (and other ID objects) are in one or other folder.

~Thanks

Edited by: Abhishek01 on Dec 29, 2010 1:22 PM