cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer the Context as a parameter to an outside service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a certain procedure which activates on a Context. I am using this procedure for few of my application and I would like to expose it as a portal service. The only problem is that this service would need to receive as parameter the whole context and each application has it's own IPrivate elements.

My question is: Is it possible to transfer the context to a certain class from outside the application and use it generically?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Use IWDNode and IWDNodeElement interfaces. All nodes and node elements are implementing them. And use Generic Context API inside your service implementation.

Check

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynksi

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how will I get each element's fields using the get methods? For that, I will need to cast IWDNode and IWDNodeElement to the propar node and element and by doing this I will need again the IPrivate specific class... The other solution is using getAttributeValue but for that I will need to tansfer an array of specific node and elements fields and again it is not so generic...

Message was edited by: Roy Cohen

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No....to get metadata about you can use IWDNodeInfo and IWDAttributeInfo interfaces. To obtain call IWDNode.getNodeInfo(). You will be able to get all information about node, attributes etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right, I forgot about this interface... I will check this solution out and let you know how it went. 10X a lot Maksim!

Answers (0)