cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem during creation of index

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to create index for MSEG table. This index i have created and activated also. I have used index fields as MJAHR,AUFNR and BWART. Same i have written in select query in where condition. But i think it is not working because select query takes same time as before created index during run time.

One warning message is coming in index like.

"Index does not exist in database system MSSQL"

I don't know why it is coming. I have create simple index and also extension index. In both case same warning message is coming. when i have to create index and extension index.?

Please give me any solution.

Regards,

Shivam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can you check the below, it can be useful to you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/21eb47446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

Note:- Creating Secondary Index creates load on database annd also memory space is also required, dont create any indexes on standard tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I suppose you have created the index via transaction SE11.

When the database table is too big and you generate/activate the index via SE11 the index will only be created in the SAP repository not in the database (this should be in the log of SE11).

You have now to start transaction SE14, select your index there (you will see that it does not exist in the DB) and create the index via transaction SE14 (preferably in background to prevent a possible time out).

Success.

Wim Van den Wyngaert