cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaintenanceOptimizer to bring up ST-SER 701_2008_2 to patch 3?

0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Our old basis admin left so I don't know if he configured Maintenance Optimizer.... OSS is asking us to patch the solman instance, component ST-SER, release 701_2008_2, to package level 3. Do I need to use the Maintenance Optimizer to patch? Or can I do it using SAINT or SPAM??

Thanks, best rgds.

Claudio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You shoul set the mantienance optimazer in SOLMAN for download all support packages, for this check in tcode SOLUTION_MANAGER if the solman have been set in your system.

1. If yes, create a new mantienance optimazer transactión for download the SP

2. If not, set the parameters in tcode SMSY for your Solution Manager system, and active the mantienance optimazer, check this guide

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000235502007E

Best Regards

William Neira

Edited by: William Leonardo Neira on Dec 28, 2010 10:05 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks William for prompt reply... Is there any way I can check if the maintenance optimizer was correctly set up?? Else I could end up damaging the correct configuration.

BTW we are on solman 7.

Best rgds,

Claudio

Edited by: Claudio Solares on Dec 28, 2010 10:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi claudio

Try create a new mantienance optimazer transactión in tcode SOLUTION_MANAGER -> Operation -> Change Management -> mantienance optimazer.

Select your solman system and download follow the steps.

If don't work please let me know the issues o problems

Regards

William Neira

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

The Maintenance Optimizer specific configuration includes user rights (SU01 and AISUSER), system landscape entries (before SP22 you need to enter logical components in a solution , after SP22 you don't), RFC configuration (SAP-OSS), and BC set activation.

To check whether the BC sets have been activated, you may check the following activation logs in SCPR20:

before SP18:

SOLMAN40_MOPZ_TTYP_SLMO_000

SOLMAN40_MOPZ_001

After SP18:

SOLMAN40_MOPZ_TTYP_SLMO_000

SOLMAN40_MOPZ_001

SOLMAN40_MOPZ_SP18

If the BC sets are not activated in exactly this order, errors may appear.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

0 Kudos

Thanks friends for all ur kind suggestions...

Problem is solved.

BEst rgds,

Claudio

Answers (0)