cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is JDBC-XI-Proxy. The sender is a legacy system with data in AS/400 format.

1. To configure the JDBC sender adapter what are the pre-requisites.

2. In which format we need to fetch the data from datbase? SQL Querry or AS/400 format select statement?

3. To configure a receiver JDBC adapter what are the pre-requistes? Where do we write the update statements? Again in SQL or AS/400 format?

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Stored procedures can be accessed both by the sender and the reciever.

You have to create a datatype to call the procedure as shown in the blog here..

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/02/14/calling-stored-procs-in-maxdb-using-sap-xi -- (Really good blog for calling Stored procs)

The important tags in the structure are the Stored procedurename element, action attribute and table element. Rest of the elements are the field tags corresponding to the table structure. Another important tag is the "type" tag which refers to the SQLDATATYPE type of the element being supplied to the database.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S : Please reward helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Thanks a ton.

One last question.

Do I need to write SQL querries for any type of database?

Does the XI takes care of converting this SQL to the specific database format?

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jais

SQL queries are std TSQL stmts supported by most common databases..Unless you get into specific DB objects like Stored procs whose syntax would vary between databases, normal RDBMS Select stmts would be quite similar.

You needn't worry abt the specifics when u write a select/update/delete stmts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Here you go

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/4d/8c103e05df2e4b95cbcc68fed61705/frameset.htm

This discusses the various actions..

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please reward helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for that.

I assume my querry should be in SQL format. Correct me if I am wrong?

How do I access a stored procedure in sender sytem or receiver system? Do I need to store them in sender or receiver and call the same? (No links pls)

Can u explain this pls....

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

If your sceanrio is

Database->XI->Target System

Then you can go with Sender JDBC adapter . In this either you can query the SELECT statment, or you execute the Stored Procedure from XI. This is something like calling a Function from XI.

If your scenario is

Source->XI->DataBase,

Then you can go with Receiver JDBC adapter. Here also you can call the stored procedures.

There is good sample scenario on the SDN-

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/21/jdbc-stored-procedures

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/02/14/calling-stored-procs-in-maxdb-using-sap-xi

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

As for statements...

Database content can be read with any SQL statement, including stored procedures. A special XML format is defined for content coming from the Integration Server or PCK. This format enables SQL INSERT, UPDATE, SELECT, DELETE, or stored procedure statements to be processed. A message is always processed in exactly one database transaction.

cheers,:-)

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

More Inputs on this please......

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos