cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor data to XML local file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am looking for a way to create a background job able to generate or update regularly a xml (or csv or xls) local file containing all my vendors data. I think transaction MDM_CLNT_EXTR on object CREDITOR_EXTRACT can be a good start for this, but I can not generate a local file with this.... Do you have any idea to get to this result?

Thanks a lot for your kind help,

R.L.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you,

This does not resolve my problem because I can not create new interface on my system (because of the licence I use). I will work around manually with S_ALR_87012086 or smthg like this.

Thanks again for your kind help folks!

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is an easy way of doing this. You can configure ALE in a way that it writes the IDoc data into an XML file. You don't need SAP PI for that. For details, please refere to SAP Note 1035601, chapter 6.4.

Best regards

Michael

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the information. We missed it...

Many Thanks,

Shiv

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not directly generate a Local file using SAP TCode - MDM_CLNT_EXTR.

You need to use any interface for this, if is it SAP PI then you need to do certain configurations then the link between SAP MDM and Interface would be established.

If you do not want to use the XML file or any Interface then please go to the table structure and export the data if you know the SAP Tables in detail and then import according to your import Map in to MDM.

For Automated process it is always better to go with some interface in picture.

Thanks and Regards

Praful Kulkarni

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using MDM_CLNT_EXTR you can not generate a local file. This extracts data from source system and sends to PI. If you want local file then you can choose the following options:

1. Execute MDM_CLNT_EXTR. this will create an XML message and will try to send to PI using Proxy framework. Go to transaction SXMB_MONI in you system and download the XML message.

2. Else, you can go to the transparent table for vendor data and can export it in an Excel file from the table.

Note: If you have PI system in your landscape then You can also automate the process by configuring PI interface.

Best Regards,

Shiv