cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of Solman with SAP CPS by Redwood

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have deployed SAP CPS 8.0 (M33) by redwood in standalone NW 7.01 java.

While performing steps for Solman integration, I find something strange.

Step: Create Connection to SAP CPS

sub step: 2. Set the parameter SAP_EnableRfcServer in the Process Server , as follows:

a) Choose: Environment -> Process Server -> Edit, in the context menu of the selected process server

b) Choose the Parameter tab.

c) Set the parameter: SAP_EnableRFCServer = TRUE.

d) Save.

e) Restart the Process Server.

Here I dont find this parameter in my SAP CPS system. System says no object found.

we have full licensed SAP CPS, we have applied the full lisence as well.

any idea on how can i proceed from here?

Regards,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

The parameter SAP_EnableRfcServer has been removed from SAP CPS 8.0 (M33 ) version and is no longer available.

Instead you will need to set up the RFC connection using BAE in CPS.

You might have to get the licenses adjusted from Redwood in order to use the BAE connectors.

Regards

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear Deb,

Did you find a solution or an answer?

We have just upgraded our CPS from M28 to M33, and now the CHRONACLE RFC-Destination in SolMan does not work anymore. I see a new "SAP Inbound" system in CPS, but it cannot be activated.

SAP Note 1265635 mentions something to setup BAE, don't know whether this is related.

Anyhow it is strange (or ***) that functionality does not work anymore after upgrading from M28 to M33.

Thanks,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was there a resolution to this issue? I am also attempting to set up the connection from my Solution Manager system using CPS / Redwood 8.0. I was unable to find the parameter mentioned and have been searching for an answer.

What is a BAE connection and how does one set it up? I cannot yet find any documenation in the SAP CPS Installation Guide about it.

Basically, from within Solution Manager, we wish to use the Job Management workcenter and be able to then access our Redwood CPS 8.0 from the links there. I cannot find a setting within SAP / information within the IMG on how to link these together.

I have been able to create a regular RFC connection from Redwood CPS into my Solution Manager system and have run the synchonization job. I can correctly see my jobs running on the Solution Manager system. I can also create a job within Redwood CPS and have it submit on the Solution Manager system. I can see it correctly process in SM37 and see the correct updated status on Redwood CPS. I can also view the log and spool output upon completion. I can view it either within Solution Manager or within Redwood CPS.

Any pointers / help would be greatly appreicated.

Deb Nugent.