cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP / DOE connector development questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a Mobile 7.1 SWCV, we made a ESDMA bundle for it. From this point on I have some questions:

- after deploying bundles, you usually dont see any MBO's, so how can you use the Device Application Developer in order to make a (test) client and receive data ?

- what additional steps are needed in the Netweaver Administration Portal ? Distribution rules are active, but it's unclear if any steps are needed to push changes to the client..

- how can we check that the communication between SUP and M71 are alive?

- how can we check that data loaded into the Mobile 7.1 server are actually send to the SUP server?

Kind regards,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

1. after deploying bundles, you usually dont see any MBO's, so how can you use the Device Application Developer in order to make a (test) client and receive data ?

--- You need to download the bundle from SDOE_ESDMA_DESIGN transaction in DOE system and then you need to perform following steps:

a. Import the bundle to SUP server

b. Generate the code for Data Object signatures in bundle using command line tool.

c. You need to write UI layer using the code generated in step 2.

2. what additional steps are needed in the Netweaver Administration Portal ? Distribution rules are active, but it's unclear if any steps are needed to push changes to the client..

-

There are no additional steps other than this. When device subscribes to the ESDMA then DOE automatically takes care of creating device, assigning gateway channel (different from DEFAULT channel which is used for DOE standard client), Assigning DMSWCV everything. So, you will get data after subscribing to the DOE if the distribution rules are active.

3. how can we check that the communication between SUP and M71 are alive?

--- check the following section

Package Management Commands -> testEndpoint Command in link :[ http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01188.0155/doc/html/jwo12...;

4. how can we check that data loaded into the Mobile 7.1 server are actually send to the SUP server?

-

Assign role : SAP_SDOE_ESDBR_DWLD to your user and you will get link: Session monitoring for DOE Connector in the user menu. Here, you check the communication happened between DOE and SUP server (both sides)

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

At 1B you are talking about a tool to generate code based on the MBO signature from the bundle. Can you tell me which command tool this is ? As this is exactly the thing Im missing here, to get the code you would usually get from the Sybase Workspace when creating MBO's from scratch.

Im also not clear about the RBS/MBS setting; I know what it means, but after deploying the bundle I noticed the bundle is set to RBS. Is there a way to change this when needed?

Kind regards,

Mike

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To Deploy the package check the step

Sybase Mobile Sales for SAP CRM 1.2 -> Sybase SAP DOE Connector 1.5.5 Installation Guide -> ESDMA Converter Reference -> esdma-converter Command

I'm not able to get the documentation link on how to generate the code. But if my understanding is correct then the developer guide should be available in the package which is provided by Sybase team.

May be you can follow these steps which i've copied from the documentation whatever i've.

Adapting the ESDMA for Client Use and SUP Deployment:::

Before deploying the SUP package that is created from the ESDMA, or generating any client code, it will be necessary to enhance the ESDMA bundle. Some of these steps are optional, depending on requirements.

1. Create a subfolder META-INF under <ESDMA directory>. (This is the location where the bundle was unzipped)

2. Create a file sup-db.xml within this newly created folder. The contents of the file will look like:

<package name="EXAMPLE" short-name="EXAMPLE" sup-name="EXAMPLE" version="1.0" java-package="com.sybase.example.db" cs-namespace="Sybase.Example.db" oc-namespace="example_db_"><!-- Update with new host and port, listener.url must end with /doe/publish. --><property name="listener.url" value="http://<IP Address of SUP Server>:8000/doe/publish" /><database name="example-database" /><database-class name="ExampleDatabase" /><personalization-parameter name="language" type="string" owner="client" /><include file="afx-esdma.xml" /></package>

Ensure that the following attributes are set correctly:

a. Node package, attributes name, short-name and sup-name, should all be set to the SUP Package name required (in this example, EXAMPLE).

b. Node package, attribute cs-namespace, should be set to the required C# namespace required (in this example, Sybase.Example.db).

c. Node package, attribute java-namespace, should be set to the required Java namespace required (in this example, com.sybase.example.db).

d. Node package, attribute cs-namespace, should be set to the required C# namespace required (in this example, Sybase.Example.db).

e. Node package, attribute oc-namespace, should be set to the required Objective C namespace required (in this example, example_db_).

f. Node property, attribute value, should be set to the listener URL of the target SUP machine (in this example, http://<IP Address of SUP Server>:8000/doe/publish).

g. Node database, attribute name, should be set to the name of the required database file required (in this example, example-database).

h. Node database-class, attribute name, should be set to the name of the required database class required (in this example, ExampleDatabase).

3. (Optional) Add additional entity definitions not defined in the ESDMA. This is often done to define entities that are client-only (effectively, client-side data entities that have no relationship with entities defined in the ESDMA).

4. (Optional) Within the directory <ESDMA directory>\Resources, create a MetaMerge.xml file. This file is used by the SUP code generation and deployment tools to adapt (if required) the ESDMA. This might include:

a. Hiding certain data objects defined in the ESDMA

b. Adding additional indexes on data objects that can be used by the client

SUP Package Deployment:::

The following steps need to be taken after enhancing the ESDMA.

1. Execute the deploy command that is available in the CLU program. To do this, navigate to <SUP install directory>\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\doe-c_clu\bin, and run the program clu. At the prompt, enter the command u2018deployu2019 and provide the necessary information. The IP address should be the address of the SUP server; the user name and password are those of a user in SUP with suitable roles to deploy a package; the package name is the package name supplied in the sup-db.xml file.

2. Use SCC (Sybase Control Center) to verify that the package deployment occurred correctly.

3. From SCC, create a device user (or users) that will be used to establish the messaging connectivity required to demonstrate the end-2-end application functionality.

SUP Code Generation:::

The following steps need to be taken after deploying the package into SUP.

1. Execute the ESDMA Converter, located in <SUP install directory>\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\bin:

esdma_converter <ESDMA directory>

This should create an AFX file in the META-INF directory underneath the <ESDMA Directory>.

NB: this step should have already happened as a result of deploying the package. But if this step is carried out on a different machine, then it is necessary to execute it separately.

2. Now execute the code generator utility:

codegen <ESDMA directory>\META-INF\sup-db.xml -client -mbs -sqlite u2013cs

-log:co -output <ESDMA directory>

NB: the above command should be entered on a single line, with no breaks. Also, ignore these warnings

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.sybase.djc.log.ComponentLog).

log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

The generated code will be located in the <ESDMA directory>\genfiles\cs location. If a different location is required, alter the u2013output parameter. If no u2013output parameter is supplied, the generated files are located under <SUP install directory>\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\genfiles\cs.

3. Copy the generated files into the target VS project location.

Sorry for formatting of this reply. I couldn't manage to get it properly.

Regards,

Siva.

Edited by: Siva Satya Prasad Yerra on Dec 29, 2010 1:14 PM

Edited by: Siva Satya Prasad Yerra on Dec 29, 2010 1:25 PM

Edited by: Siva Satya Prasad Yerra on Dec 29, 2010 1:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for the reply, the codegen utility is the one is was looking for. Its not very easy to find on Sybooks, but at the end we generated some code!

Kind regards,

Mike

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

1. We have done a model in DOE.

2. We have created a ESDMA with default projection.

3. We have download ESDMA Bundel then we have sucessfully deployeed in DOE connector. Now we are able see the deployeed package in SCC.

4. We have tried to genertate the code using codegen.bat. It generated code but it is show in 100 errors.

5. Finally we are able see generated files in two folder

a.  <SUP install directory>\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\genfiles\cs.
 b. <ESDMA directory>\genfiles\cs

6. What are the next steps I need do. To make the generated code into MBO mobel in mobile development.

Could you please help to move forward..

Lakshman Balanagu

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please start new thread by providing error details displayed in code gen.

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear siva,

I have opened one more thread

Please check it once,

I am waiting for your reply

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshman Balanagu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

how do I pass parameters between the SUP and DOE so that I can

use them in the distribution rules? is it necessary any customization in sup-ds.xml ?